Need help with Comer K80 engine.

I was given an old Track Magic kart frame and attached to it was an old Comer K80 engine. Atleast I believe it’s a K80. I’ve done a little research and that’s the best guess. It’s definitely a Comer engine.

I’m restoring the kart for my son to ride. I’m building it as a “street kart” to see if he will have an interest in possibly racing. I’ve got a fair amount of money tied up in it and I’d like to use this engine on it because it seems like a good starter engine and it’s already setup for this engine.

I bought a carb kit for it and rebuilt the carb because of how long it had been sitting. I couldn’t get it to start and I can’t get the engine to produce spark.

I’m asking if anyone here works on these motors and I’m wanting to know how much someone who knows about these motors would charge me to take a look at it. I’ll ship it to you and pay for everything including your time. I’m getting frustrated with it and it’s time to let someone else take a look at it.

I don’t have a shop around here that wants to work on it.

If you’re interested in taking a look at it, I’d greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,

Trey

Find a place to race it .
Safely , not on the street .
There are pepole who can help .
Likely the module and or coil .

Find a place to race it .
Safely , not on the street .
There are pepole who can help .
Likely the module and or coil .
I used that term loosely hence the “”. We have a lot of big parking lots around here I’ll start him on and just let him ride around. I just meant “it’s nothing serious for the track only” kind of thing.

I know better than to let my kid ride a kart on public streets with 5000lb cars flying around.

10-4.
Never messed with k80 .
You pull flywheel shroud off mouse may have ate some wire .
Or a rusty coil / flywheel .
Dont know if they have an ignition module or not .

10-4.
Never messed with k80 .
You pull flywheel shroud off mouse may have ate some wire .
Or a rusty coil / flywheel .
Dont know if they have an ignition module or not .

I don’t have the tool to remove the the flywheel. The only one I can find is $80. I hate to spend that for a one time use.

I’m betting that’s what it is though.

One problem is it's going to be hard to find a place to race it .
A predator will be cheaper , then the repair.

Back