Need help with losing weight fast for this racing season!!!

Kartchamp2212

Hey I am trying to lose 20 pounds for this racing season. Don't really have time to workout with school from 8-3 and work to 330-9 and having homework don't help either for time to workout. I have been drinking a protein shake in the morning, little or nothing for lunch and try to eat something good for lunch. I cut out all soda and started drinking water. By the way I weigh 290 and my height is 6'1

21 Day Fix. 30 minutes cardio/light weights. Meal plan. It's the real deal. I find 30 minutes and I work 2 jobs and have a 2 year old.

find out how much meat you eat and replace half of what you eat with salad. there another way I don't recall the name but try to only eat greens. green beans, lima beans, asparagus, peas, mix vegetables, broccoli, ect... don't eat out. you can lose the 20pds.

Guessing you are some one near my age. Careful with the protein shakes if you don't work out, some of them have adverse effects. And eat lunch! Not eating is not the cure. I ran track for 11 years and learned thats the worse you can do.

Check the BMI chart. Even if you lose 20 pounds you'll still be morbidly obese at 270. At 6'1" you need to go down to 190. If you really want to lose weight the first thing you should do is "learn how" and stop trying to use some trick that won't work in the long run. Eat only green food LOL. Most of those crash diets make you drop 10 Lbs. of water weight so you think it's working but it's not. You should shoot for losing 2-3Lbs a week at most. Go on BodyBuilding.com and start reading the articles for fat loss.

Hey I am trying to lose 20 pounds for this racing season. Don't really have time to workout with school from 8-3 and work to 330-9 and having homework don't help either for time to workout. I have been drinking a protein shake in the morning, little or nothing for lunch and try to eat something good for lunch. I cut out all soda and started drinking water. By the way I weigh 290 and my height is 6'1

Simply burn more calories per day than you consume, you will lose weight. When you lose the 20..........go for another 100lbs over the course of a year........that's around 2lbs. per week.

OK bottom line with weight loss is you gotta be in a calorie deficit. Meaning burning more calories than your taking in. If that's taking place you have to lose as weight. Now you've got to eat to lose weight. By eating multiple small meals over the course of the day you keep your metabolism going. The key is never going without eating long enough to feel hungry cause at that point when you do eat your body starts storing it as fat. I would get the app my personal fitness. This allows you to track your calories. Start out at maybe 1500 cals/day. Keep track of your weight loss. Keep it there as long as your losing. If you plateau cut your calories by 200. You only want to lose 2-3 lbs./WK. More than that isn't healthy. Also since your weight fluctuates you want to weigh yourself once a week at the same time/day. You also want to compare the different protein powder/shakes. You will want to look for one that is low in carbs. Also look for the different types of protein in the powder for dieting I may would recommend getting one based on whey protein caseinate. This is slow digesting like 6 hours so you will stay full longer thus making dieting easier. I'd also look into increasing fiber intake. Along with fiber any other carbs you are take make sure their complex carbs their slow digesting also keeping you full. Try cooking with healthy fats like olive oil and coconut oil. A big benefit to coconut oil is its full of medium chain triglycerides which are the fastest digesting fats and the one fat your body will use like a carb and burn for energy. Which is beneficial when your cutting carbs dieting. Now if your completely healthy and want to speed up the process. The best fat burner of all time is an ECA stack. This consist of taking 25mgs. Ephedrine, 200 mgs caffeine, and 75mgs aspirin. Take all three together once a day. Make sure your buying ephedrine. A lot of places sell products that they've just spelled similar but will not work.

At your size if you crash diet your going to lose 10-15lbs of water weight quickly, then your body is going to start storing every bit of fat you eat, causing you to actually gain more weight. Your body will think that something is wrong and it needs to protect itself by making sure it stores enough fat to produce the energy it'll need to get you threw the day. The best way I have seen to lose body fat, is to eat 1 handful portions several times a day. If you train your body to think there is a constant source of energy coming in, then in return it'll burn more energy and not feel the need to store fat. You have to be diciplined to do this. You can eat 8-10 handful portions of something healthy threwout the day and never be hungry. Dont eat any more than a handful and don't eat an hour before bed. You may actually gain a few pounds at 1st trying this, but when you convince your body what your doing, you should lose up to 5lbs a week. I agree with the above statement, you need to be around 200# depending on your frame. Of course if you could throw in 30 minutes of some sort of cardio, that would help tremendously, even if its just walking. Once you turn the fat into lean muscle, all this is easier to keep on track. Getting there is the hard part. Good Luck

The quickest way I have lost weight is to cut out carbs. Read all your labels, and keep up with the amount of carbs you consume. Last year, I lost 33 pounds between January and the end of March, mostly on a low-carb regimen of 15 grams daily. I also did a Daniel fast last year, which is basically a vegan diet combined with prayer.

if you watch your carbs and get your metabolism up it will come off.
set REALISTIC small goals for yourself.
dont use heavy weights. muscle weighs more than fat. walking/running yourself to death will shed those pounds off faster than you think.
lastly,
if you run to wherever you are going, it's a win win! you'll get there faster and you will have more time to get a workout in!

Like others said , cut back on the carbs. You do not need as many as you might think , if you are going to have carb intake try to make it from things like fresh veggies instead of an overload of some thing like pasta.
It might take some getting used to but it does work , go slow and steady and after a short time it will more or less take care of itself , don't get discouraged and just keep at it.
Throw in some exercise when you can , even a walk is better than nothing and that will only help.

Don't worry you can always add weight to the kart when the time comes.

Good luck

Alternatively: Liposuction. By the time you spend the money for a new diet or invest the time for an exercise regiment (that may or may not work) you can get the procedure done and be sure the fat is gone.

Alternatively: Liposuction. By the time you spend the money for a new diet or invest the time for an exercise regiment (that may or may not work) you can get the procedure done and be sure the fat is gone.

For a guy that is only looking to loose around 20 lbs I am not sure that would be an alternative. Granted I am not a Dr. or Nutritionist ( but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night ) but would think that losing 20 lbs could easily and safely done with a diet.
I have heard of someone that was going to do Liposuction and the Dr. still had him on a diet to loose some weight before getting Lipo. done , if this might be the case with the OP then that right there might get him to his goal with no procedure involved , the last thing I would want to do is have a procedure if I could avoid it by doing other things instead.
You do not to spend a ton of money on a diet and all the fancy contraptions out there. You can contour a diet to your lifestyle by just watching what you eat and some light exercise to start ; walking , pushups , sit-ups and so forth.

Thats just me.

simple spend more on karting and less on food = you will weigh less and go faster.........................no need for thanks its cool i'm a problem solver Bob you lock-up this one ..............OHH I CRACK MYSELF UP ;)!!!!!!!!!!

Eat my Wendy's diet menu twice a day. Try it you'll learn it's one of the few menu's which will satisfy hunger pains and let the, I just ate a little bit ago, feeling stay with you.

The menu is one Crispy Chicken Sandwich without Mao, you also ask for extra lettuce and extra tomato .99, a value fry .99 and if your old nuff a senior soft drink diet Coke for free. If you in Ohio and buy it to go the total cost of the meal is $1.98. If you feel the need for vegetables in your diet, add a packet of Ketchup. Your first meal of the day is 2 pm or later. Second meal repeat the above at 6 pm or later.

I guarantee you once you train yourself to be able to put off your first meal of the day to after 2 pm, you'll find it an easy diet to continue. And by spending just $3.96 a day to eat, you'll have additional cash for racing.

Even if your young and live in a high taxed Republican state, where a Republican Wendy's franchisee has jacked up prices on the value menu and does not offer our valued money spending Seniors a deal, you will still save cash and you will still loose weight. ... :)

ps... for .99 no mayo and extra lettuce and extra tomato(Wendy's is the only chain which offers free extras except cheese) you'll find the Crispy Chicken is one of the best tasting fast food sandwiches around. The extra lettuce and tomato really makes a difference.

Eat my Wendys diet menu twice a day. Try it you'll learn it's on of the few menu's which will satisfy hunger pains and let the feeling stay with you.

The menu is one Chrispy Chicken Sandwich without Mao .99, a value fry .99 and if your old nuff a senior soft drink diet Coke for free. If you in Ohio and buy it to go the total cost of the meal is $1.98. If you feel the need for vegetables in your diet, add a packet of Ketchup. Your first meal of the day is 2 pm or later. Second meal repeat the above at 6 pm or later.

I guarantee you once you train yourself to be able to put off your first meal of the day to after 2 pm, you'll find it an easy diet to continue. And by spending just $3.96 a day to eat, you'll have additional cash for racing.

Even if your young and live in a high taxed Republican state, where a Republican Wendy's franchisee has jacked up prices on the value menu and does not offer our valued money spending Seniors a deal, you will still save cash and you will still loose weight. ... :)

Now that coming from a guy whos location is " Couch " Oh nevermind , LOL
Thanks

I did the Atkins diet and lost 63 lbs. No carbs for the first 2 weeks, but you could eat meat, eggs ,fish, certain cheeses, diet soft drinks.
After the weight loss, I ate a piece of bread and it all came back! I think the weight watchers deal was the best for me. You ca do it on line. I also rode my bicycle 12-15 mile everyday. There is a free calorie counter program on line called My Fitness Pal. Works really good also.

Only way to loose weight is reduce your calorie intake and increase your activity, everything else is snake oil. Building muscle will help your metabolism and help with your driving. A lot of diets are just fads (Atkins, 24 challenge been there done that), its great to go low carb in general but once you bounce back, hello weight. Download a calorie tracker like my fitness pal that has a chart of healthy fats and proteins you eat in a day. I'm sure you could squeeze in an hour of working out or running if you tired.

Back