need help!!!!!!

j17

does anybody no anything bought the stratous chassi? i got one the other day an it was set up for boxstock. the thing is the motor was the blue boxstock. its the older motor what ive been told. i was wondering if it would be a good starter kart for my son or should i just put the motor on a yard kart an get a new updated engine?

that blue clone will be the perfect seat time learning engine for your boy . use it as long as it takes . you will know when he is ready , for more engine :)

thanks again. im running flathead 375 class. my son will be 7 in jan. an i thank its bought time to get him in the seat. we are gone be running at dawgwood speedway in chatsworth ga.

Blue motor will do just fine for your son, some people prefer the blue motor over the others. These guys are right seat time is the best thing now for your son. :) JMO

I can’t see as how you can tell if an engine is good or bad by looking at it.
I would find a way to do a leak down test on it and a compression check. Do you know what jets are in it, and how yours compare to what other people are using?

I think the setup you have is great for your son. He is 6 years old and will turn 7 in january right? This is the time where the younger kids learn everything about racing, not just driving. Work ethic in the pits is the first thing that they should learn. And the kart that you have is perfect for him. Learning the basics of driving and seat time is all he need right now. After a season or so goes by and he is still excited to work on the kart and get to the track, that is when the newer equipment should be purchased and the wins will start popping up. Good luck to you and your son.

I can’t see as how you can tell if an engine is good or bad by looking at it.
I would find a way to do a leak down test on it and a compression check. Do you know what jets are in it, and how yours compare to what other people are using?

Buying 'used' motors is always a crap-shoot! Never pay 'Asking Price' (Start at no more than 60%, IF....it Looks good)

does anybody no anything bought the stratous chassi? i got one the other day an it was set up for boxstock. the thing is the motor was the blue boxstock. its the older motor what ive been told. i was wondering if it would be a good starter kart for my son or should i just put the motor on a yard kart an get a new updated engine?

If memory serves me right the Stratos was 94-95 time frame and I think Dixie karting made it. Should be good for seat time but I think after a while an upgrade will be needed.

If memory serves me right the Stratos was 94-95 time frame and I think Dixie karting made it. Should be good for seat time but I think after a while an upgrade will be needed.

You are exactly right. Dixie also had the Probe. It was a great chassis and was out around the same time as the stratus.

I ran a probe for a long time and had alot of wins with it during the mid 90's. What do u need to know. I still remember alot about the kart. It was one of the best chassis that i ever had.

Back