Need help

8bsimpson5

Okay I just rebuilt my clone had to put rings in it 3 weeks ago ran one night rings went out again replace them again along with piston and honed cylinder and they went out after 42 laps don't know what I'm doing wrong set the first ring at .004 second ring at .008 third ring at .012 is there somewhere I can send my engine to have it rebuilt it is a small block open has flat top piston billet rod and a 275 cam ran great when it did run

The telltale sign will be the dirt thats gotten thru to the air filter adapter. I used to buy inexpensive filters and change them to new filters regularly but there was always a trace of dust in the adapter. Switched to Walker filters and the trace dirt vanished. Theyre expensive new but we are able to, with strict maintenance, run them a long while.

Okay I just rebuilt my clone had to put rings in it 3 weeks ago ran one night rings went out again replace them again along with piston and honed cylinder and they went out after 42 laps don't know what I'm doing wrong set the first ring at .004 second ring at .008 third ring at .012 is there somewhere I can send my engine to have it rebuilt it is a small block open has flat top piston billet rod and a 275 cam ran great when it did run
On my opens, I gapped rings, top .004 x size of bore, 2nd .006 x size of bore

Making sure the cylinder has no taper and is honed with the correct stones and plateau finished is of great importance. Maybe the problem isn't rings or endgap, but the cylinder itself.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
32 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

Back