Need homemade recipe for inside prep

I don't have access to any name brand tire prep. I'm going to race indoor soon and I'd like to know if anyone has a pretty good homemade prep recipe that I can use for inside, considering I think anything would be better than nothing and I'm not too worried about the tires going bad

Use a mineral spirit base. Some acetone if you want to soften. And some oil to condition and pull through the rubber.
Experiment with that and try to find something that you like and have good results with. I know that won't help for this weekend, but it's probably too late to do much good with an internal this late in the game anyhow. Most guys will internal their prep 10-14 days out unless it's an impound race.
Going with a proven, readily available, product generally will save you a lot of time and headaches.
If you do not have a kart shop that stocks tire preps local to you, consider ordering. Many shops (ourselves included) will have limited hours this week. If we can still ship something out to you today before we head out, I'd be glad to. Otherwise, we'll be back in the shop with normal business hours Monday, Jan 3rd.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
32 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

I don't have access to any name brand tire prep. I'm going to race indoor soon and I'd like to know if anyone has a pretty good homemade prep recipe that I can use for inside, considering I think anything would be better than nothing and I'm not too worried about the tires going bad
Lord, don't ask that on here, you fixin to get fussed at by a lot of people, and they will all tell you to buy it from someone who knows what they doing!!!! just saying.

If you will type HOMEMADE into the search function and read those threads you will find that the older threads give you a lot of ideas from back in the day and as the threads get newer you will see them trending towards Dont Bother. There are valid posts in the old stuff if you have time to experiment. I have printed the old stuff out and keep it in the shop but havent really found a reason to start experimenting mainly because most of the tried and true commercially available preps use these same ingredients in recipes they have devoted years into researching on tracks of all different sizes, shapes and makeups and textures.

Back