Need new caster plates for a 2012 Ultramax eccentric chassis

Jake3890

I recently purchased this chassis, and I need to get new caster plates to weld on can anyone point me in the right direction thank you in advance for your time?

Slack/pmi . Bmi kart parts .
fab your own the original u-max were always weak .
In your opinion, do you think I could newer style caster plates on there and change to the washer system adjustment instead of going back to the notch system?

Since Ultramax show a right plate, a left plate, and a plate for asphalt and do not specify which chassis they fit, is there a chance these plates fit all models that use them? You might give them a call.

Since Ultramax show a right plate, a left plate, and a plate for asphalt and do not specify which chassis they fit, is there a chance these plates fit all models that use them? You might give them a call.
Think you are seeing L blocks, they will be side dependant because of different degree spindle builds.
10 degree spindle has to have an L block specifically built for 10 degree.
Caster plates are welded to the frame

Think you are seeing L blocks, they will be side dependant because of different degree spindle builds.
Yes I need to weld new caster plates to the frame one of mine is slightly bent

Yes I need to weld new caster plates to the frame one of mine is slightly bent

If you're going to do that, you'd be better off sending it to Ultramax. I know the 12 Excentrik used a special caster plate and caster block that has raised sections to allow for cross adjustments without actually moving washers. There is also suppose to be a pill in the bottom for actually setting caster. That's why the raised sections on the back are curved to allow for rotation when setting caster. So if you do that, you'll need new castor plates, L blocks, spindles and everything. Not to mention, the plates are at a specific degree when welded on, so you'll need to be able to match it when welding it back.

Btw, the 12-13 models had thicker plates than the 10-11 Excentrik, because the 10-11 had issues with the plates bending. These plates are as thick as most any other kart. I don't recall if the 10-11 model used the special plates and L blocks, so if yours doesn't have them. It's possible you have a 10-11 model, not a 12. Post pics and I can tell you.

Last edited:
This is from my 12 Excentrik, you can see the grooves in the first pic where they align together. The Plate and L Block both have these grooves.
20221009_154211.jpg
20221009_154323.jpg

White is a 10-11, Black is 12-13. I know back when they came out, the 10-11 they would replace the caster plates for free because there was so many issues with them bending. I'm sure if you give them a call they'd work with you on replacing them.

Attachments

• index.jpg
    index.jpg
    9.6 KB · Views: 23
  • e9bf9883315e94e8a012136a8448725e.jpg
    e9bf9883315e94e8a012136a8448725e.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 22
White is a 10-11, Black is 12-13. I know back when they came out, the 10-11 they would replace the caster plates for free because there was so many issues with them bending. I'm sure if you give them a call they'd work with you on replacing them.
image.jpg

You could, I have suspicion this is one of the things that made this kart so unpredictable. I feel like there is more changing than just cross when moving the entire Lblock down instead of just the spindle.

You could, I have suspicion this is one of the things that made this kart so unpredictable. I feel like there is more changing than just cross when moving the entire Lblock down instead of just the spindle.
What style of axle Cassettes should a 10-11 have?

Back