Need opinion ??

ohv60racr

Just got finished scaling a kart that will be running a back yard track , treaded tires also , got numbers real close with only about 15 lbs lead weight added . When kart is sitting on the ground without the driver , the left front tire is off the ground a bit , my brother doesn't think that's right , my opinion is the kart isn't going around the track without a driver ! So for the sake of not arguing about it , I told him to do what ever he thinks is best , so he has both front spindles set at the same spacing in the L blocks . What's other's thoughts on this ? Right now I just refer to the brother as Ray Evernham !

Ray Evernham did pretty well .
As stated thats pretty typical. With slick tires and sizes .
Excessive front stagger will resist transfer across the front .
When your at the track and you have a handling issue simply readjust the spindles via the washers . Its all about what works for you at that time .

Ray Evernham did pretty well .
As stated thats pretty typical. With slick tires and sizes .
Excessive front stagger will resist transfer across the front .
When your at the track and you have a handling issue simply readjust the spindles via the washers . Its all about what works for you at that time .
The problem is he is so bull headed he won't move the spindle if it's the problem and the fix , he is dead set on his theory that the left front should be planted solid . The Ray Evernham comment was sarcastic on my part btw !

i had a kart the same way.. Was fast as *****. if it drives well don't worry about it. my weights were right when i sat in it, was all that mattered to me.

Thats fine , but your other numbers should match that . The old balanced set up .
3 corner's should weigh within 5 lbs of each other . My bad memory says lft frt , rt frt , rr
Was common in the mid 90's too early 2000's.
Just wave when you drive past .

The LF will always be light in LTO racing. It sorta doesn't matter what the
LF is doing with no driver as long as your setup is correct with the driver.
Both spindles with the same order of shims ?
Doesn't matter.
What are your %'s ? That's what matters.
The LF will never be planted solid when it matters aka in the turn.
Weight transfers to the Right pretty drastically in the turn.

The LF will always be light in LTO racing. It sorta doesn't matter what the
LF is doing with no driver as long as your setup is correct with the driver.
Both spindles with the same order of shims ?
Doesn't matter.
What are your %'s ? That's what matters.
The LF will never be planted solid when it matters aka in the turn.
Weight transfers to the Right pretty drastically in the turn.
The kart was scaled with the lfabout centered in the L block and numbers were good , he changed the lf afterwards .

If it wasn't re-scaled after moving the spindle, your
numbers are now off.
Yes , I understand that , getting the other person to understand that the lf being off the ground with no one in the kart is what the argument is all about , he can't grasp the concept .

Who's kart is it? If it's his, let him learn the hard way. But, if it's yours, put it back the way it was and explain to him that he's NOT Ray Evernham. Lol
Lol , it was my kart but now he is a part owner after I sold it out . Just getting fed up with his snide comments trying to make himself feel smart in front of others who don't know much either about set ups and how they work .

In that case, just run it and have a good time.
I don't think you will do as well his way as you
would with it all set up properly.

Someone has never been around a Nemesis or an R1 when they where set on the grid.
Equal washers plus a few other basic parameters yielded 60% cross on the chassis brand we dealt with, it was the way they were shipped, and it was a baseline we asked the customer to setup at to diagnose a problem

Back