need some help with driver and kart

Griffsyj

Goodmorning all. I'm looking for some help in Virginia or surrounding areas. I recently picked up a kart from a friend of mine who used to race. Basically he and his father used to race in this area and the rest of the southeast region, but time and responsibilities stopped them from continuing. They had hoped to get his daughter into racing, so they kept this kart for a few years until she was big enough...but shes too scared to race.

I got it from them in the hopes of giving it away to a parent who wants to get their child into racing, but might not have all the money required to buy everything to get set up and going. I grew up racing atvs, and was lucky enough to be able to go across the country on 4 different circuits doing what I love. Those memories with my friends and family are some of the best I've ever had. I'd love to make a kids dream of racing karts come true.

I tried contacting the local karting club (Hampton roads karting club). The number is disconnected, the president and the junior karting rep have yet to return my emails. So maybe you guys can help.

I'm willing to bring it out to meet someone within a couple hundred miles of me, or someone can come to me and see everything I've got and knows a deserving family.

Basically I've got a phantom nemesis frame, weights, a Briggs motor with dyno cam that's set up for a restrictor plate class and was only ran on 2 practice days. I believe he said it's a black plate motor. I'll have to check on that. I've got 4 complete sets of tires and rims...different compounds and such, a bead breaking machine, and tire mount machine for the tires and rims. The clutch that I've got was set up for an Elizabeth city track, but it's some high dollar unit. The only thing it needs to be ready to go is a coil on the motor, and a new key for the clutch shaft to hold the clutch on. Everything else is there.

I have pictures of everything but I'm unsure about how to post them. I'd be happy to email them to someone if needed.

If your time allows go out to a few tracks close to you and observe and talk to other racers, don't worry about taking the kart just have pictures with you and you should be able to make a connection.

Tip of the hat to you Cool gesture, Best of Luck If you were closer to Central Pa I could help ya out, I do something similar, I keep some karts at my race track and give out to use for the season or even a few seasons to help get kids started, I've had one kart that I've done that with 7 seasons now works out well.

Good Luck !!

Thanks for the well wishes. I will probably go to the first 2 practices at Langley speedway at the end of April if I haven't found anyone for the kart by then. I was hoping to move it before then to give the new owners time to get everything checked over and get out there for the 2 practice days if they were local. We will see what comes of it. If anyone else knows people, give me a shout!

I've also got a bag with assorted sprockets in it. Forgot to mention that. Hopefully 99% of what someone needs to get going.

Back