Need to add Cross

Sleeper/54

2008 XxX .... last scale was 47% and I want to get at least 60% for the track we are going to race. Junior Redplate Boxstock @ 250lb. .... the Nose (46%) and Left (53%) are workable.

From Al's spreadsheet for F - 46% L - 53% X - 60%
the weights need to be RF - 66.25lbs RR - 51.25 LR - 83.75 LF - 48.75
It would seem to me to be really difficult to get X that low (47%) with your other #'s where they are.
Bent spindle ?
Stacking the washers opposite of the way they should go to increase X ?

How much stagger do you have in the front? Start at 1 1/2" - if you are not around that difference, this may be your problem. 34" right sides, 32 1/2" left front.

For what it's worth, typically XXX don't like much cross, especially in small plate lightweight classes.
I know, there's not much help from the Mfg'er, but this chassis is very similar to our Vector AO3, so set-up numbers should be very similar.
Personally, I'd be down on 56% cross or so with this class and chassis. But to each their own -- if it works for you, then more power to ya.

-----
Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
26 years of service to the karting industry
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

This is from my spreadsheet. Same as Bump's, just a little more complete listing that I've added.
Total 250
Front 46 %
Left 53 %
Cross 60 %

Left Front % 19.50%
Left Front lbs 48.8

Right Front % 26.50%
Right Front lbs 66.3

Left Rear % 33.50%
Left Rear lbs 83.75

Right Rear % 20.50%
Right Rear lbs 51.3

Front Cross lbs 17.50 Difference Right to Left
Front Cross % 26.42%

Rear Cross lbs (32.50) Difference Left To Right
Rear Cross % -63.41%

How much stagger do you have in the front? Start at 1 1/2" - if you are not around that difference, this may be your problem. 34" right sides, 32 1/2" left front.

For what it's worth, typically XXX don't like much cross, especially in small plate lightweight classes.
I know, there's not much help from the Mfg'er,
Um? I think I do a pretty good job giving info on all Infiniti chassis.
After owning 5 XXX's

Partial Quote Originally Posted by CarlsonMotorsports View Post

I know, there's not much help from the Mfg'er,

Then You said...
Um? I think I do a pretty good job giving info on all Infiniti chassis.
After owning 5 XXX's

You are not the mfg'er either, Jamie.
No offense intended, just trying to be helpful to the OP.

Back