need valve spring to work down

Best bet is to pick a supplier and buy yourself 10 or more sets, out of those 10, half or more will likely be over spec like you want. I have to ask though, why would you rather have illegal springs that need to be worked, rather than a legal set ready to go and already matched? I'd rather have a couple sets of matched legal sets and change them at the track when needed than have illegal springs and have to wonder at the end of the night if ill pass

Legal springs wont last thru a dyno tune,I build engine for a living and have all tools for testing ,last batch out of 50 springs only 6 springs were 10.8 the rest were under I need springs now.Thanks ;DONNIE TUCKER

To whom this may concern: Should I hold my 'chuckle' till later? I'll just ":)" 4now! Sori Donnie....Not directed 'at', but is more 'with' you! Welcome too the club! PM me if you'd like.

Is there a trick to getting the race city springs down to legal limit without destroying them? If you grind on them they get red hot and warp. If you put them in a vice and throw just a tiny bit of heat to them they warp. I ruined several so what is the trick? If you get the 18 lb right, the 10.8 is really weak.

Is there a trick to getting the race city springs down to legal limit without destroying them? If you grind on them they get red hot and warp. If you put them in a vice and throw just a tiny bit of heat to them they warp. I ruined several so what is the trick? If you get the 18 lb right, the 10.8 is really weak.
I have no trouble getting them down. I wet grind them. If you don't do it that way with the spring material that they are made out of they will turn red hot, and fast. once they do that you can throw them away.

I have no trouble getting them down. I wet grind them. If you don't do it that way with the spring material that they are made out of they will turn red hot, and fast. once they do that you can throw them away.
You can't work my springs like any other spring out there because are made out of material that we are the only one use.

Back