Needing help with Predator 212,Please

BrianG

Hello,
I have a very mild predator....governor removed,low oil removed,arc non adjustable flywheel,shorty header pipe,aftermarket air filter and adapter,36 jet and upgraded emulsion tube.
I recently changed out factory carb for Chikuni vm22,lets just say after Much frustration I could not get it set,no matter what it would idle but as soon as touched throttle it would die. So I purchased a factory replacement carb from Amazon and I have tried it as is and also with 36 jet and upgraded emulsion tube. Well,frustration isn't even the word...either way it is doing the same thing. So,I reset valve lash and air gap...still doing same thing. Many hours trying this way and that and I'm at wits end. It ran great before trying the Chikuni is what makes it so frustrating. Any ideas?
I would like to say Thank You in advance,any and all advice is appreciated.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210723-230752_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210723-230752_Chrome.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 12
The very few times I messed with a predator , I ALWAYS would order a blue printed carb and had no problems , even a blue printed carb from a clone work great ! We have a back yard track near me and a guy had a carb like you described , and he is constantly adjusting the thing during his race .

Back