Nemesis asphalt oval

I’m running a nemesis on an 1/8 mile moderate banked asphalt oval and I’m fighting a loose in tight off condition. I’m running yellow Vegas with 1 1/4- 1 1/2 stager. What is recommended to help this issue?

My first thought was also too much stagger, as has been mentioned. A little information on the track would help. Track width, infield width numbers would give us the turn radius. Need those numbers for a stagger calculation. Close would be good enough. Walk across the infield, count the steps, each step is about 3 feet, depending on your size.

My first thought was also too much stagger, as has been mentioned. A little information on the track would help. Track width, infield width numbers would give us the turn radius. Need those numbers for a stagger calculation. Close would be good enough. Walk across the infield, count the steps, each step is about 3 feet, depending on your size.
Thank you!

In an effort to get a better understanding learning asking a few questions will help me, first when you say tight off meaning gets right side tight bogs motor but still turns ? or tight as a push will not turn ? Second are adjustments for asphalt different than dirt ?

Let’s back up and start over.
Whats your setup numbers ? Including caster and camber. How much air you running ? Any prep internal or external ? Running a 6 or 6.5” wheel on the left rear ? Thick or thin wall axle ?

Let’s back up and start over.
Whats your setup numbers ? Including caster and camber. How much air you running ? Any prep internal or external ? Running a 6 or 6.5” wheel on the left rear ? Thick or thin wall axle ?
56.5 Left 54.5 Rear 60.5 Cross. I’m unsure on caster and camber. I adjusted camber last year at the end of the season until I have even temp across the tires. Running 8 and 10 on pressure with a 6” LR. No prep. Thick axle.

There’s your push.
Go to 46.5-47 nose, your at 45.5 now.
Set your caster at 6 LF 8 RF you can do it without gauge by using the lines.
Your camber is also wrong, you don’t want even temps across the tires. You actually only want about 3/4” of the RF tire touching the track going straight.
A thin wall axle will also help, but you don’t need it now.

I've always gone with the idea that; loose is most often caused by 1 of 4 things; too narrow on the front, too wide on the rear, too heavy on the front, too light on the rear. I believe there are others, stagger not right for the track, tires not right for the track, track not right for set up etc. etc.
I've only raced Sprint, but I believe, if you get the tread width balanced, and the weight distribution balanced, things will look better. And, throw in getting the stagger right.

There’s your push.
Go to 46.5-47 nose, your at 45.5 now.
Set your caster at 6 LF 8 RF you can do it without gauge by using the lines.
Your camber is also wrong, you don’t want even temps across the tires. You actually only want about 3/4” of the RF tire touching the track going straight.
A thin wall axle will also help, but you don’t need it now.
ok I’ve got some lead that I can transfer forward on the centerline of my kart. I don’t have a set of scales so that’s my best bet. I should be able to fix the loose by moving the LR in and air pressure. Thank you

ok I’ve got some lead that I can transfer forward on the centerline of my kart. I don’t have a set of scales so that’s my best bet. I should be able to fix the loose by moving the LR in and air pressure. Thank you
Moving LR in for loose on entry would not work in the dirt world, that would be for loose on exit, can't imagine any different on asphalt but J.P & Kj can confirm that.
Good Luck !!

Back