Nemesis on asphalt

User11188

Running on an 1/8th mile track 4.3 banking in one corner 5.5 in the other. 375, clone, MCS yellow Vegas 30 lap features. Keep running into a tight on the long run issue. Appears to be on the RR judging by the air pressure increase after a race. Roughly 2.75lbs on the RR. 2 on the RF. 2 on the LR. Stock castor settings with the RF in the back position. Camber 4.25 on the RF, .75 on the LF. Stagger 1.5 on the Front, 1.375 on the rear. Been everywhere with set up getting, to the point where I'm kind of stumped. Started with 58 left 46.5 nose 62 cross, 8 and 10 on the air pressure split. Went as high as 68 cross 47 nose and 60 left to try and keep her free and off the RR. As expected got 4 wheel drifty and pushy for the first laps but was a little better on the long run. Last weekend went out with 60 left 60 cross 45.5 nose and a 6-10 air pressure split seemed to be the best thus far but started slowing up around lap 23. Different perspectives would be welcome. Thanks!

I can give you Phenom numbers, we don’t run 5 degree left front block and spindle, always went slower and had a push with it.
-3.25 RF +.25 LF camber
6 LF 8 RF caster, blocks back
1.5” stagger front & rear
59.5-60 left
46.5-7 nose
54-55 cross
7/9 night race or 8/10 day race air.
MCS Vega, internally prepped. 6.5 LF wheel 6” LR wheel.

Thanks KJ for the input, if you don't mind me asking what did you find for an internal prep that worked on the Vegas? Everything I've tried tends to lock the kart down even more.

I use Palmetto for asphalt, dirt and indoor concrete. The key is how many CCs based on the weather and or day\night races.

Back