Nemesis Parts

I have a nemesis my wife runs. Trying to get the caster setup and am running into some questionable things. First it has P/N 1111135R4 12 degree caster block on the right side. Second it has spindles that are thicker that look like the triton/recon/minecon spindles rather than the nemesis spindles. So here is my area of concern/question.

The lines on the caster block dont have numbers beside them anymore. The dial pin (pivot point) for the block is in the forward, upper position. So to adjust caster the bottom bolt moves the most forwards and rearwards while the heim up top moves slightly (opposite of course). I wanted to run a 12 right, 9 left caster setting. I used a speed square and an angle finder to get 12 on the right. It has the caster block twisted top rearwards, bottom forwards quite a bit to read 12 on the angle finder. When I put my intercomp caster/camber guage on there, it only reads about 8 degrees. So which is accurate? Are the parts incorrect for the kart and the caster on the L block and the final caster of the spindle not the same? Am i just incorrectly using my Intercomp?

Thanks

need to do a sweep to read caster with a gauge.
Nemesis/Phenom spindle barrels are longer then triton/recon/minecon .
There should be two pin holes.
Top and bottom. I believe it pivots on the bottom one .
If both holes are lined up it should be 12*.
The square and angle finder should work . Of course if the karts not perfectly level thats going to be off .
If your pivot is the top i would say thats the problem.

If memory serves me, the centerline on the blocks, set with the line on the chassis, would be 12* RF and 8* LF. I believe that is factory castor on the Nemesis, but dont hold me to it.

Using a gauge is useless. A straight edge and angle finder are more accurate, but are only as accurate as the straight edge/person holding it.

Reference.

Attachments

• 16860706358294439237585116867989.jpg
    16860706358294439237585116867989.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 38
Back