Nemesis???

Racer53

Looking for set up numbers for a Nemesis. 370 Animal class.
1/8 high bank dirt track. Burris 33s.
Thank you.

i would start with 45 nose 56 left and low 50s cross to start adjust from there rf cam-2.75 lf +.25 caster stock setting but depends on weight and height of driver too

we still have a nemi,we run 45.5 nose......56-58left.........63-68 cross depending on the grip in the track...track bites up then the cross needs to go up.

I have a spreadsheet, for Excel, that can give you a good starting point on rear stagger. People tell me that you can't calculate stagger, and that may be true, but the spreadsheet does give you a place to start. The problem with the spreadsheet is it needs to know the radius of the turns and the center to center measurement of the rear tires. And if you have banking, it can adjust the calculations depending on how many degrees of banking the track has. People tell me that my adjustments for banking are wrong, but what's wrong with that is, if you don't try different things, you don't learn anything.

45 nose
56 left
1 3/8" front stagger
1 3/8" rear
65 cross
.5 lf camber
-3 rf camber
Get some bite on the tires
It never hurt anyone to have some extra stagger ;)

45 nose
56 left
1 3/8" front stagger
1 3/8" rear
65 cross
.5 lf camber
-3 rf camber
Get some bite on the tires
It never hurt anyone to have some extra stagger ;)

This is exactly where I would start. The Nemesis will have MUCH MORE speed potential if you can hit that "sweet spot" with the higher cross settings.

1 3/8 on the front ...rear depends on the size of the track,braden runs 8-12 caster...2.75rf camber on most tracks,,

1 3/8 on the front ...rear depends on the size of the track,braden runs 8-12 caster...2.75rf camber on most tracks,,
Can I ask a question; on most karts, can you change the camber without changing the kingpin inclination? Are there any karts where you can change the camber without changing the kingpin inclination? For years, I've been told that kingpin inclination is important, is it not?

Not only important, but we use a camber split, like different degrees R and L. KPI is very important, and as you stated I don't see karts where it can be separated from camber.

Last edited:
jack said it best,
Not trying to be too inquisitive, but, said what best? I appreciate his response, but he said both are important and you can't change them independently. This tells me one is more important than the other, or even that one, or the other, is not important at all. I'm going with the idea that camber is more important than kingpin inclination. I might extend that to this, kingpin inclination is not important at all.

Thing is, I've built my own kart with no kingpin inclination at all, so did BUG karts, and my karts handled really well, as did the BUG Stinger. I will go as far as to say, The Bug Stinger was a turning point in kart design by US companies. At the 1st race I attended where Bug Karts showed up, they totally dominated. They dominated so totally, I went home and cut the suspension off my MARGAY New Breed. I still used a swing mount, but it wasn't too long after that, that it went away too.

Not trying to be too inquisitive, but, said what best? I appreciate his response, but he said both are important and you can't change them independently. This tells me one is more important than the other, or even that one, or the other, is not important at all. I'm going with the idea that camber is more important than kingpin inclination. I might extend that to this, kingpin inclination is not important at all.

Thing is, I've built my own kart with no kingpin inclination at all, so did BUG karts, and my karts handled really well, as did the BUG Stinger. I will go as far as to say, The Bug Stinger was a turning point in kart design by US companies. At the 1st race I attended where Bug Karts showed up, they totally dominated. They dominated so totally, I went home and cut the suspension off my MARGAY New Breed. I still used a swing mount, but it wasn't too long after that, that it went away too.

Brian Pennington the builder of Vigilante kart chassis had camber adjustment without changing KPI in the late 90's-early 2000"s

I have tried the numbers Fastbraden. I get a huge push if I get cross over 61. this is a moderate bank 1/9 mile dirt with a little moisture. I fight it in the heats, and drop to 58 cross for feature and it gets much better. What am I doing wrong?

push where? ive rode a nemesis alot! very fast kart in its day ! i never could run high cross always had a push off corner the way i see it you say track has moisture a wet track and high cross dont work well

Back