Nemisis help

Need to know where to have my rear wheel hubs. I know I should be at 39.25 track width but should my left hub be a 1/4 inch to my frame? If its not when I move it over I will have to move right side over will that effect any of my numbers?

Need to know where to have my rear wheel hubs. I know I should be at 39.25 track width but should my left hub be a 1/4 inch to my frame? If its not when I move it over I will have to move right side over will that effect any of my numbers?
I've been confused by this information in the past. If someone said where to position the RR from the frame, (and I'm assuming that the distance of the RR from the frame rail is more important than the distance of the LR) and then they give you a rear tread width number, the LR will be where it's at and the distance to the frame rail would not be of any importance. If three numbers are given, it would be a rare instance when you could match all three.

From the desk of Al Nunley
Comments compliments criticisms and questions always welcome.
If the data does not support the theory, get a new theory. (Al Nunley)

I've been confused by this information in the past. If someone said where to position the RR from the frame, (and I'm assuming that the distance of the RR from the frame rail is more important than the distance of the LR) and then they give you a rear tread width number, the LR will be where it's at and the distance to the frame rail would not be of any importance. If three numbers are given, it would be a rare instance when you could match all three.

From the desk of Al Nunley
Comments compliments criticisms and questions always welcome.
If the data does not support the theory, get a new theory. (Al Nunley)

That is correct Al. In LTO racing the right rear clearance is the Holy grail. Then you adjust to the desired track width by moving the left tire, Then if you are pushing a little coming out of the turn move the left rear OUT Most of the time, Loose or over-steer, Move the Left rear IN, Most of the time. Some of the latest chassis are the opposite on which way to move the left rear. But I have owned and raced Nemesis before. And the left rear is moved out to give the front more grip and in to give the rear more grip. It is rare to move the right rear, But sometime is may be necessary. Usually if you have a hop and everything else fails.

Back