New 390 Build

TNRACER93

Im new to these motors. Im looking for some suggestions on cam rod and piston combo. I plan on putting a billet flywheel on it and possibly flat slide carb. Looking for a good reliable motor to run on a 1/4 mile track. Feel free to pm me if you have built something similar. Thanks

My basic recommendation: Forged rod Parson or ARC, this a forged piston I use parson on this you may be to find one from someone else, make sure crankshaft is good and not out of round, billet flywheel and add stainless steel valves for head, there is you reliability, Now you are ready to start making Hp and torque, start with a 260 dur cam, then have head milled to .100 off to bring compression up...., check clearances on everything, piston, head and piston valve etc.........Carb around 33 to 38mm then a clutch that can handle the 25+ power you will be making.

The head is where the power is. Then get a matching cam and carb. Just getting a big carb or big cam will ruin a build. The combo must be right

I have built plenty 390's and bigger

The head is where the power is. Then get a matching cam and carb. Just getting a big carb or big cam will ruin a build. The combo must be right

I have built plenty 390's and bigger

What do you think of a 390 with: ARC flywheel, parsons rod flat top piston 1mm rings, stainless valves, champion 1.17 rockers, 330 lift 246 dur 112 lsa, head .070 sheaved rounded the short side runners stream lined the valve guides 55lbs springs, stock carb .960 bored, 1" Super snake header.

Back