New 68mm Tillotson reinforced blocks for the 196 box stock classes.

According to the other posts on Bobs this block has not been approved?
I think I would be pretty upset if I bought one of these being told it was approved if it is not.

According to the other posts on Bobs this block has not been approved?
I think I would be pretty upset if I bought one of these being told it was approved if it is not.
This is the first and only post about the 68mm block I have seen. But if there are any questions contact Joe at NKA and Bill at AKRA.

What do they run fully machined and ready to build so that side covers are nice and parallel and bore is centered up and perpendicular?

What do they run fully machined and ready to build so that side covers are nice and parallel and bore is centered up and perpendicular?

You're kinda asking a loaded question. Your satisfaction or expectations are not clear without any other details but the straight answer is you can't expect perfection in a mass-product part regardless of the country origin or company producing the part. Unlike the molds used on typical clone blocks that have a range of general uses that make thousands of blocks, the Tillotson block mold has only been used for their racing engines and the few spare blocks we have in stock; I would say less than 500 pieces if that. Our expectation is to see less core shift making better bores and machined with more attention than other blocks. Tillotson does have quality control but we're not the one personally checking all the blocks.

Our block was designed with the concept of spec endurance karting. This block is much more robust than your typical clone or predator block. From the reports we're getting from the engine builders that have bought the blocks are all positive some saying it's the truest block they've seen. From our perspective, if someone is actually calling with a compliment where they felt it was worth their time to call to thank us then the block is truly good. I know that may sound like a lot of marketing jargon and BS. It's hard to assume the person selling the product is telling the truth but the only way to find out the truth is to see one whether you or someone you know buys one. For the cost, I think it's worth taking a look if for nothing else bore it and use it as a stock appearing or an open. I've written a more in-depth blog on the blocks if you want more information. https://www.eccarburetors.com/EC-Te...ng-Blocks-designed-by-EC-Carburetors_b_3.html

Thank you for your honesty. I wasn’t asking it in the form of harassment I was just wondering if you were gonna do a machined up ready to assemble version for the home builder? Thanks!

No problem, intentions are hard to know from reading online. We may look into having a kit version with parts ready for assembling. We will for sure on bigger bore engines.

Mark,

Any more word if these are accepted and legal for AKRA/NKA racing stock classes? I'd love to base my next build off of one of your blocks.

Damn.... ok thank you

DynoDon- can you please chime in why these aren't AKRA legal yet? Its just a better, stronger block. No performance advantage really.

Back