New at this

Hunter62

Any suggestions on what motor to run in a cage kart. My son is 9 and 5'5 197lbs. Trying to figure how to be competitive an d not race with adults. Open for suggestions were racing on 1/5 mile dirt

You should check with the local tracks you are interested in racing at, to see what motors they have classes for. Good luck..And welcome to this site.

^ Good advice right there.

Many engine options on champs all across the country.
If you'd like, take the time to fill out your profile on here and let us know where you are from.
The tracks dictate the rules that you will need to comply with.
If there's anything I can help you with, please feel free to contact me through PM on here, email, or phone the shop.
My boys race champs too and we've built engines and had a full line kart shop for 26 years now. We're "lifers" in the sport. ;)

-----
Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
26 years of service to the karting industry
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

Thank you for your time you answered a lot of questions. When I'm ready to upgrade I'll be giving you a call

No, I didn't read it that way. His son is 9. He is overweight for the class he will be competing in, and NOT racing with adults.
Either way, I think we got him toed in the right direction. :)

Any suggestions on what motor to run in a cage kart. My son is 9 and 5'5 197lbs. Trying to figure how to be competitive an d not race with adults. Open for suggestions were racing on 1/5 mile dirt

racing promotor ,on here will probably see your post. Your bio says your in central PA, racing promotor is very helpful on here, I think has a track in your area and you may even end up racing at his track. If he does not post a reply on here, try sending him a personal message through this board. He's always been very helpful and very willing to give out his knowledge and help to others.

Back