New board critique.

alvin l nunley

Site Supporter
I like the layout of the new board except for the color. With my failing eyes, light blue on a lighter blue is hard to see. And the difference between a thread with a new post and without a new post is really hard for me to see. I like the “top” button, but the “last post” (?) takes you to the very last post, not the latest unread post. Or maybe I’m missing something.

Is this better? Don't know about the top and last post, haven't had much time to figure out the fine details lately.

Looks just fine to me Bob - multiple shades of grey and it would still be fine :)

Looks just fine to me Bob - multiple shades of grey and it would still be fine :)
And I did mention “with my eyes”.
I could see the old color scheme fine, (with a little zooming) but this new thing, which a lot of people with “good” eyes are now using, (ekarting) has me needing to look real hard, along with zooming the window.
I’m not asking anbody to do anything if they think it’s fine, just letting Bob know what I think of the new board layout.

Is this better? Don't know about the top and last post, haven't had much time to figure out the fine details lately.
I really don’t see any difference, but thanks for trying.
At the bottom it has a “top” button, I like that. I have seen some posts with a “new posts” button, (or maybe it’s called “unread”) but not all. Maybe in time.
I, along with everybody else here, thanks you for the effort.

And I did mention “with my eyes”.
I could see the old color scheme fine, (with a little zooming) but this new thing, which a lot of people with “good” eyes are now using, (ekarting) has me needing to look real hard, along with zooming the window.
I’m not asking anbody to do anything if they think it’s fine, just letting Bob know what I think of the new board layout.

As the lead graphic designer at a fairly large and very busy sign shop, I'm staring at a computer screen for hours every day multiple colors, small text, various fonts, etc. - even with constantly strained eyes, the board looks contrasting enough to not need additional highlighting or such. Just saying, yours aren't the only "not so good" eyes

As the lead graphic designer at a fairly large and very busy sign shop, I'm staring at a computer screen for hours every day multiple colors, small text, various fonts, etc. - even with constantly strained eyes, the board looks contrasting enough to not need additional highlighting or such. Just saying, yours aren't the only "not so good" eyes

I spent many years hunching over a 17” computer screen drawing CAD/CAM stuff and writing g-code for a CNC milling machine. I know what you’re talking about.
But I now have diabetes and it’s getting to my eyes.
I was doing OK, just barely, with the old setup, and I was just making the comment that this new setup, as good as it might be for the rest of you all, is hard on me.

Bob,Not complaining at all but I would suggest that some red or black be used for the window that shows a person being online on the site.

I'd like still darker or bolder letters. Still not that easy to see and I have no problem except using glasses.

It's perfectly clear for me, just not fun to look at very long.

I looked at what Randy posted too.

maybe it's the contrast of the white background that makes it hard to look at?

Black backgrounds are easier to look at, thats what I have my AutoCAD setup. But really, its a minor detail...I don't care that much as long as the board is working

Back