New Burris 33s

Prcfan11

When you run a brand new cut Burris 33 with no prep in them do want want to be resurfacing them at the track in between races?

If no prep( like to see how they enforce that)
Yes, fresh rubber beats sealed over rubber everyday

When you run a brand new cut Burris 33 with no prep in them do want want to be resurfacing them at the track in between races?
It depends on what the tire looks like, If no signs of feathering or fuzzed from sliding then No you can rerun them one more time that race, if the run got the tire at all then Yes resurface it , take note after two runs the same day the tire will fall off 2 ths .

I've seen it done both ways. Some national level racers will scuff their tires in practice, clean them, and put them on for a feature. They intentionally want to put laps on them before they run them in a race. I personally don't buy into that methodology; even know I've seen it work for them. I resurface my tires every time I hit the track in a no prep situation. It's usually just a quick hit with 320 grit paper to open them up.

Picture of someone putting fuel in a latemodel and don't have a grinder.

I don't have a resurfacer. I grind tires on the axle of my kart using the momentum of the grinder turning tire. Also if that was my LM I wouldn't be racing karts lol.

Back