New Car vs. Certified Used

cayjorjan

I am torn between a Certified Used 2011 Audi A5 Convertible vs. a new Ford Fusion Titanium. Both are priced about the same. Anyone have any experience with either of these cars?

Have a LARGE fund set up for repairs when the Audi breaks. I work on those and nothing is cheap to fix.

+1 on Audi repairs. According to my brother, if you are going to own an Audi, get an extended warranty that covers the AC system because every 4-5 years max the air conditioning is going to take a very expensive holiday.

I know a guy with an Audi, and just last week he was lamenting about every time he takes it in for repair it cost him a thousand dollars.
He said " I might as well write the check at home and bring it with me"

I have owned a few Fords . The local dealer was always niceabout trying to keep their customers satisfied . I know the service mgr pretty good ,he told me the fusion was a good car . At 100,000 miles they don't have many problems . They had a good service program also after several visits a free oil change and points and such . Oil changes were in the low $30 range . The Chevy I have ow is about $50 at the dealer and elswhere .Good luck and ask for the history on your car also for wrecks and so forth . I will do that next time myself .

Please buy the new car. If it weren't for people buying the new cars there would not be a fantastic selection of used cars at half the price for folks like me to pick through. Always buy new, do it for me!

My mom has one also...which is one of the problems! :)

ain't it bout time you quit worrying about what your mommy has and wants, forget about it... and deal with what YOU want. If you decide YOU want the fusion, should or do you really care if mommy has one or not? It's about you. ... :)

If I want the same kind of car my kid has, I'm getting it for me and I could care less if he has one or not. ... so long as he don't start BS'in me into borrowing my GOOD one.

I have owned a few Fords . The local dealer was always niceabout trying to keep their customers satisfied . I know the service mgr pretty good ,he told me the fusion was a good car . At 100,000 miles they don't have many problems . They had a good service program also after several visits a free oil change and points and such . Oil changes were in the low $30 range . The Chevy I have ow is about $50 at the dealer and elswhere .Good luck and ask for the history on your car also for wrecks and so forth . I will do that next time myself .

$50 for an oil change? No reason a Chevy oil change should be that much higher than a Ford unless one is getting synthetic and the other one isn't. Most dealers run cheap oil change specials to get you in the door so they can sell brakes, tires and tuneups. I have never paid for an oil change myself but I see no reason why there is a $20 difference between 2 makes.

If i was thinking about buying a new car in the mid-size category, I would look at the accord or altima, imo

$50 for an oil change? No reason a Chevy oil change should be that much higher than a Ford unless one is getting synthetic and the other one isn't. Most dealers run cheap oil change specials to get you in the door so they can sell brakes, tires and tuneups. I have never paid for an oil change myself but I see no reason why there is a $20 difference between 2 makes.

It's not limited to just dealers, local, franchise and corporate all advertise low oil change prices just to get customers in so they can try to upsell it is, how they make money

It's not limited to just dealers, local, franchise and corporate all advertise low oil change prices just to get customers in so they can try to upsell it is, how they make money

No doubt. Jiffy Lube will sell you $30 wiper blades and $100 trans flush all day long. I believe the fella with the $50 Chevy oil change got took.

I've learned if you search on valvoline oil change for a particular town you'll get a coupon price of $29.99 or more or maybe a 7 to ten dollar discount off an even higher price.

But if you search on an just an oil change for a particular town, you'll get a coupon for a $19.99 oil change.

I'll take twenty dollar oil change coupons all day long.

Back