New chassis trends

Sjg22

Is it just me or are the new breed of chassis from most shops gearing toward hard tires soft chassis?????

Seems Phantom might have gone in the softer direction withthe Triton. Their Seraph ws a very stiff chassis and one of the fastest they have ever produced. It also is one of the hardest to dial in and get wright, very picky on tires and setup. Its predacessor the icon was a lot more flexable and huser friendly but not quite as fast. The triton is a comprise of the Seraph and the Icon , a somewhere in the middle between the two. Talking to Triton owners they sayit as very clost to as fast as the Seraph but a lot easier to set up. The Seraph is suuppose to like hard tires to keep from locking it down. I just bought a 2012 Seraph and will be going through the learning process of finding its sweet spot.Hope Iamup to the task, much more of an engine man. I have been absorbing as much chassis info as possible,lot to learn. So far JAMES@PRC has been very helpful and informative. I really do appreciate his customer support and think he helps makes Phantom a great company.

I think that Phantom and Umax and some of the others realized they had pushed the limits of the stiffer frames. The speed was their but it takes a lot of knowledge to set them up. Many of the karters were not able to find the sweet spot. So to appel to the masses they have gone back towards the more flexiable frames. They are much more forgiving and easier to get close to right. But if a guy will experiment and figure out what works the stiff chassis will always be faster when right. Now is the time to get one of the stiff chassis that is still like new and work on figuring it out. I forsee that all the manufactors will be going back to the more flexiable frames. I will soon find out with the Seraph I just bought. Its a 2012 with about 15 races on it like brand new. I have talked to several Seraph owners and once you dial it in its bad to the bone.

it seems the pro's have better luck getting the stiff frames to work for them and the average Saturday local racer might have issues with kart over working tires.

Back