New clutch???

10kracing

I bought a brand new 2 disc 6 spring for my jr2 driver it has red springs but its an adult clutch think I might have bought the wrong one. So besides adding the weight on the levers and setting the springs what should they be set at. Any thoughts on what to do

You can get away with using those red springs... set the spring height to about .215 and put bolts and nuts in both sets of holes on the levers. That should get your around 3500ish stall.

The black springs will let you adjust your stall down a bit lower, they also seem to work better on low torque motors or where your on and off the gas a lot engaging and disengaging the clutch. You also get a bit of a softer engagement with the lighter spring, weight combo. Less “hit”

The other thing is with the red springs if you back them off too much the chance of an adjuster coming completely off exists .

Interesting...I made a reply to this thread and it doesn't show up today.

Is it too late to get ahold of the shop that you purchased the clutch from and exchange it for the correct clutch?
If that's not an option, then:
I'd suggest using black springs @ .225" and adding weight to get the engagement where you need it.
Depending on where peak torque is on your jr2 engine (3200 clone I assume - which plate?) 1 bolt in each lever should get you close to start with.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
31 years of service to the karting industry
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

Back