Will you run cobra at new pricing level

• Yes

• No

• Want to see others experiment more

Results are only viewable after voting.

Slack2014

** PULLED DIRECTLY FROM COBRA**
January 4, 2021

Kart racing is a great family sport people enjoy across the country. One of the biggest expenses in kart racing is tires and Cobra recognizes that. One of our main focal points at Cobra is cost. Our goal is to provide a competitive tire that is fast, easy to use, durable, and cost effective. Since we introduced our tire in January 2020, the Cobra tire has really taken off and has proven that we can meet those goals. They have performed very well on all types of dirt track surfaces and excelled on asphalt with winners across the country. We will continue to strive for higher standards and support this sport and the racers that we love so much.

A few days ago, one of our competitors raised their prices by $2 per tire increasing their cost for a set of tires by an additional $8. We at Cobra have decided to make a price change as well to further emphasize our dedication to the racers in this sport. When we launched our tires a year ago, the price of $139 per set was unheard of and excited a lot of people. We think we can do better… so effective immediately we will REDUCE the cost of our tires by $2 per tire or $8 per set.

The new prices for Cobras will be:
Full set: $131.
Three-tire sets (minus the left front tire): $108.
Right side tires (8.50”-6): $38.

If you haven’t tried the Cobra yet, please read the tips we provide on our webpage (www.cobratires.com/about-our-tires) under “Cobra Tech.” Each tire manufacturer is different and each brand of tires must be prepared to race differently.

If you have been using Cobra tires… THANK YOU! We appreciate your support and hope you like the price change as we continue to support racers.

Strike Fast!

NOTE: Price changes will take effect on the Cobra website (www.CobraTires.com) within 24 hours.

Can't answer the survey when your in BURRIS country and under BURRIS only rule. And for a open tire rule I can answer NO because they will not be the fastest tire here in central Pa, Now if there a spec tire that's a whole different game then of course I'd buy them.

They work great where I am. I may buy a set to have on hand, since they are cheap enough. The problem I have with them is that for me, I dont feel like they are as good after a few heat cycles compared to a maxxis. I'm starting the year on used maxxis, and will probably transition back to the cobras for the fall. I like this on the surface, but knowing how it works with dealers, I hope they lowered the dealer price as well. There certainly isnt much margin on any of this stuff for the local dealers.

Don't be to sure about that.
If BMS series was open tire OR Keystone, show up with your cobras and out run, Keister, Missy, Seiber, Crenshaw, Reed, Achey, I can go on and on with the list, Ya I can be sure of that, Maxxis was 7th quicker at Trailways and not in the hands of the top tire guy's & gals, In fact I'd bet ya couldn't run top 5 and your pretty good with tires.

If BMS series was open tire OR Keystone, show up with your cobras and out run, Keister, Missy, Seiber, Crenshaw, Reed, Achey, I can go on and on with the list, Ya I can be sure of that, Maxxis was 7th quicker at Trailways and not in the hands of the top tire guy's & gals, In fact I'd bet ya couldn't run top 5 and your pretty good with tires.
Never say never...

I find it interesting that Chester is helping more and more for the drivers and teams.

Maxxis has its fat little hand in our pocket more and more.

Definitely Burris rolls slower. I think purely think if given a chance and with some time cobra will out perform. Reason i say this how many years has everyone been on maxxis with those top names listed. Several and several.

I am just a dude with a idea for a fun hobby on the weekend so they are expected to perform not me. I will always try new ideas or tires ext.

wishing everyone a good 2021!

Ken I get what your saying, but give those mentioned above some Cobras and I believe over some time they could be fast on them is all I was getting at. We've been fast on them and sucked on them. They do have their place.

Ken I get what your saying, but give those mentioned above some Cobras and I believe over some time they could be fast on them is all I was getting at. We've been fast on them and sucked on them. They do have their place.
Ya in a spec tire situation there would be no difference creams coming to the top, BUT in an open tire situation most of them wouldn't even try them as they know there not faster, and no one would out run them with cobras vs what they got figured out, like I said trailways is open tire and 7th difference now if the cobra would of been one of them bolting them on it may have been 4 th closer, but by the same If the maxxis were one of them bolting them on it would of been 9 th to a second difference.

I find it interesting that you use I and we quite consistently when talking about these tires .
No doubt the price point is good .
The approach that is what rubs me wrong .
Just my opinion so , I is appropriately used.

Seems like a good product.

What approach?

Hes definitely going after maxxis
Competition is what we live for or we wouldn't race. If margins are to small for dealers they can choose to not sell em.
There in lies the issue. I'm saying all of this from memory, but a buddy of mine checked into becoming a dealer for Cobra. If I remember correctly he had to order two pallets of tires and pay something like $120 for each set. It all broke down to something like $8-9000 investment, and you were contracted to sell them at the advertised price from Cobra. You weren't allowed to sell them for anything more than the $139 at the time. Do the math on that, its basically $20 profit per set.

If the dealer price is still the same, that takes it down to $12 profit per set. For those who aren't business people, the key to making a successful business is return on investment. How long it takes to make your money back, and how much you can possibly make. So in this case, going with the low estimate, that's an $8000 investment with an original possible profit of roughly $1300 for 67 sets of tires. Now take that price reduction, you now make $800 on those 67 sets. Basically a 10% gross margin, not counting the shop space, and time associated with dealing with them. Throw a little time and effort with selling them and you're close to or under 5% net margin, which means you made $400 off of an $8000 venture. As a person who works in finance, I wouldn't touch that with a 10ft poll. Lets not even get started on how long you have tied up your money with this deal as well.

There in lies the issue. I'm saying all of this from memory, but a buddy of mine checked into becoming a dealer for Cobra. If I remember correctly he had to order two pallets of tires and pay something like $120 for each set. It all broke down to something like $8-9000 investment, and you were contracted to sell them at the advertised price from Cobra. You weren't allowed to sell them for anything more than the $139 at the time. Do the math on that, its basically $20 profit per set.

If the dealer price is still the same, that takes it down to $12 profit per set. For those who aren't business people, the key to making a successful business is return on investment. How long it takes to make your money back, and how much you can possibly make. So in this case, going with the low estimate, that's an $8000 investment with an original possible profit of roughly $1300 for 67 sets of tires. Now take that price reduction, you now make $800 on those 67 sets. Basically a 10% gross margin, not counting the shop space, and time associated with dealing with them. Throw a little time and effort with selling them and you're close to or under 5% net margin, which means you made $400 off of an $8000 venture. As a person who works in finance, I wouldn't touch that with a 10ft poll. Lets not even get started on how long you have tied up your money with this deal as well.
I get that, so no need to carry buy direct. Hell its what these big teams like yarborough are doing ! Then racing em selling the take offs running a low budget tire program.

I had a kart in NC tell me the big names don't keep his doors open because they buy a lot direct. The weekly drivers keep him going. No need to go out of his way for them.

When I call ask for a part he will ship me a bill with it I'll send payment back. Or helped me get my kart on the stand. Let me buy out of his trailer pay end of the night.

That guy knows where the money comes from top guys are not what keeps the sport alive. Same for him margins to small no need to carry them. I'd prefer to buy local vs direct and ship. Gives me a reason to go in the kart shops and find something else I can't live without.

Businesses do sell things as a loss leader small margin and hope that you buy something else.

I get that, so no need to carry buy direct. Hell its what these big teams like yarborough are doing ! Then racing em selling the take offs running a low budget tire program.

I had a kart in NC tell me the big names don't keep his doors open because they buy a lot direct. The weekly drivers keep him going. No need to go out of his way for them.

When I call ask for a part he will ship me a bill with it I'll send payment back. Or helped me get my kart on the stand. Let me buy out of his trailer pay end of the night.

That guy knows where the money comes from top guys are not what keeps the sport alive. Same for him margins to small no need to carry them. I'd prefer to buy local vs direct and ship. Gives me a reason to go in the kart shops and find something else I can't live without.

Businesses do sell things as a loss leader small margin and hope that you buy something else.
Nobody said that the top guys keep everyone in business. That just doesnt make sense. What I'm talking about is guys that are already in this deal now making less money because someone decided to change the advertised price. Might be part of why cobras arent carried by very many people.

Very, very, VERY few businesses sell anything at a LOSS. They sell things at cost, no margin, knowing you'll buy other things. And they don't sell everything at a cost. They sell cheap doughnuts so they can get 80% margin out of the Gatorade you decided to grab.

Ok . Just passing along information on the tire I dig it if you don't then

Everyone wants to pee further then the next guy on here it's old.

Everyone has the option but not the ability to scroll past.

Have some fun on here tired of bickering

Last edited by a moderator:
Back