** NEW COBRA PRICING **

Will you run cobra at new pricing level

• Yes

• No

• Want to see others experiment more

Results are only viewable after voting.
Sorry should of specified, I was referring to your first post this morning as more of a rant, not the entire thread, I agree doesn't need to be separate threads for everything because it's your thread being taken off the rails, but pointing out for me conversation and seeing your point of view would be much easier if it was less subjects at a time.

I do appreciate that. But ultimately it's just some guys with opinions most of this is falling of deaf ears. Meaning it wont change but if someone at least is willing to start these conversations maybe it will flow down to the track level.

Put your self in the guys shoes who simply gets beat by bank roll more than anything
In my 16 years of running a track I've had this conversation many times BUT usually with someone that doesn't even wash or service there kart, and shows up with dirty tires from last weeks race, I've raced mostly with my Nephew and helping other kids race, If any of them would have come to me with this attitude that's the only reason we were getting beat, we would of had a long conversation on copping out.
Lets use Tires as an example even If you feel the guy with 20 sets is beating you only because he can buy them, he can only bolt 1 set on at a time.

I do appreciate that. But ultimately it's just some guys with opinions most of this is falling of deaf ears. Meaning it wont change but if someone at least is willing to start these conversations maybe it will flow down to the track level.
I agree with you on some subjects, I've been calling on all Pa track owners for years now to get on the same page and be there own sanctioning body, same Rules, same classes, same weights, same names for all classes, same pit pass and entry fees, same payouts, same amount of special races.

In my 16 years of running a track I've had this conversation many times BUT usually with someone that doesn't even wash or service there kart, and shows up with dirty tires from last weeks race, I've raced mostly with my Nephew and helping other kids race, If any of them would have come to me with this attitude that's the only reason we were getting beat, we would of had a long conversation on copping out.
Lets use Tires as an example even If you feel the guy with 20 sets is beating you only because he can buy them, he can only bolt 1 set on at a time.

One set at a time but options are endless it makes a difference. Literally completely turned me off from even wanting to run t Burris track we spoke of I have no intention of doing that tire program.. zero I will not attend a race w a kart now. I will stay w open tire tracks. How many others choose a different track too?

Cleaned and maintained is key agree!

But when people are buying set sets of 3 weekly and rolling 1 set per week regardless ! Then resell after they done run bc date codes ect. It's insane. Remember I mentioned the buying take offs?? Attached is a problem in my eyes, and hes a hot shoe. Its the exact thing I was angry about watching happen.

Attachments

• 20210103_230434.jpg
    20210103_230434.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 41
I agree with you on some subjects, I've been calling out all Pa track owners for years now to get on the same page and be there own sanctioning body, same Rules, same classes, same weights, same names for all classes, same pit pass and entry fees, same payouts, same amount of special races.

Kids are the future of the sport but why do we need jr 1 2 3 flat , jr 1 2 3 champ ! And then stack different motors on top of that. Now mixing motors and weight class rules.

I remember a simple time and it was easy

Squirt little little no points trophy only
Rookie purple plate
Jr light blue plate
Jr heavy gold
Sr light
Sr medium
Sr heavy
Super heavy
Over 35
Super stock , limited mod, open really was hit or miss.

All flat head all good kart counts , 1 uniform rule package and open tire everywhere

One set at a time but options are endless it makes a difference. Literally completely turned me off from even wanting to run t Burris track we spoke of I have no intention of doing that tire program.. zero I will not attend a race w a kart now. I will stay w open tire tracks. How many others choose a different track too?

Cleaned and maintained is key agree!

But when people are buying set sets of 3 weekly and rolling 1 set per week regardless ! Then resell after they done run bc date codes ect. It's insane. Remember I mentioned the buying take offs?? Attached is a problem in my eyes, and hes a hot shoe. Its the exact thing I was angry about watching happen.
But not ever track or even event new tires are fastest, we went to paradise for Jr 3 last year with 8 sets of new rubber and was junk .7th off the pace, as triple re rolled take offs were the ticket, and it wasn't until we borrowed a set from one of the top dogs your hating on we got a lot closer into the game. I agree it's gotten Insane but don't hate the players hate the game !!

But not ever track or even event new tires are fastest, we went to paradise for Jr 3 last year with 8 sets of new rubber and was junk .7th off the pace, as triple re rolled take offs were the ticket, and it wasn't until we borrowed a set from one of the top dogs your hating on we got a lot closer into the game. I agree it's gotten Insane but don't hate the players hate the game !!

The players and tracks have created the game it doesn't just appear

Kids are the future of the sport but why do we need jr 1 2 3 flat , jr 1 2 3 champ ! And then stack different motors on top of that. Now mixing motors and weight class rules.

I remember a simple time and it was easy

Squirt little little no points trophy only
Rookie purple plate
Jr light blue plate
Jr heavy gold
Sr light
Sr medium
Sr heavy
Super heavy
Over 35
Super stock , limited mod, open really was hit or miss.

All flat head all good kart counts , 1 uniform rule package and open tire everywhere
I remember pumping gas at my dads garage at .28 cents per gallon, just pointing out those days are long gone.

I remember pumping gas at my dads garage at .28 cents per gallon, just pointing out those days are long gone.
Doesn't make it right or needed. Everyone wanted their motor and their class tracks accommodated to the brats. No cursing I would appreciate no censorship. Got enough of that on FB ect

Racers thinking they had a better idea and requesting change that got put in place, changed the game MORE than anything !! You just ask how did we get so many Jr classes, I'll tell ya how mostly Dad's asking !!

Racers thinking they had a better idea and requesting change that got put in place, changed the game MORE than anything !! You just ask how did we get so many Jr classes, I'll tell ya how mostly Dad's asking !!

That's been my argument right along !

It's ok to say no to them , because jr needs everything to be best then run multiple classes.

What happened to the days of once you race up in classes you can't go backwards!?

The problem with kids, is that across all the age groups the skill can vary widely. You may have a 5yr who is ready for JR2, but on the other end of that, you may have a 12yr that should really be in JR1. Adults are just slightly better in this regard, but even us grown people make bonehead mistakes on the track.

It's the same 10 or so guys busting chops in here and telling everyone they are wrong.
This thread has something around 10 posters .
I don't see them telling people they are wrong or busting chops .
My input may have been misplaced or mis understood .
I see off hand advertising for a product .
You see trying to make a change .
The same 10 people are also trying too help with there experience and knowledge .
Earlier this poll had 17 inputs with 10 posters that means 7 did not post any additional input too the thread .
Tires and prep will continue to be a hotly contested topic as it has for 15 years .

The problem with kids, is that across all the age groups the skill can vary widely. You may have a 5yr who is ready for JR2, but on the other end of that, you may have a 12yr that should really be in JR1. Adults are just slightly better in this regard, but even us grown people make bonehead mistakes on the track.

I can understand why its com
This thread has something around 10 posters .
I don't see them telling people they are wrong or busting chops .
My input may have been misplaced or mis understood .
I see off hand advertising for a product .
You see trying to make a change .
The same 10 people are also trying too help with there experience and knowledge .
Earlier this poll had 17 inputs with 10 posters that means 7 did not post any additional input too the thread .
Tires and prep will continue to be a hotly contested topic as it has for 15 years .

10 or so guys the same names come up over the entire site. I mis spoke possibly when I said that.

No you are correct .
Your input would be welcome on any thread .
What I see a lot is someone posts a question .
No input for hrs or days .
As soon as I post , it's either incorrect or there's a better way . Just the way it is .
Once in a while I may even be right .

I hear ya on age splits, I was referring more to different min weights for the same age group

That's been my argument right along !

It's ok to say no to them , because jr needs everything to be best then run multiple classes.

What happened to the days of once you race up in classes you can't go backwards!?

You going to sit at the track all day to run one class? Even in the old flathead days you had folks running multiple classes just different weights.

Example: You go to the golf course you could only play nine but eighteen are available.....your choice. Same thing.

The kids need the laps and the parents want to see the kids get use out of all the money they are spending.

Tires are an expense in any form of racing so get over it and just race. (Minus boat racing)

As for a cobra on pavement......yellow vega will drag that Cobra 95% of the time.

You going to sit at the track all day to run one class? Even in the old flathead days you had folks running multiple classes just different weights.

Example: You go to the golf course you could only play nine but eighteen are available.....your choice. Same thing.

The kids need the laps and the parents want to see the kids get use out of all the money they are spending.

Tires are an expense in any form of racing so get over it and just race. (Minus boat racing)

As for a cobra on pavement......yellow vega will drag that Cobra 95% of the time.

Your right track time is important! Drop this ridiculous qualifying run a hot lap 2 heats and a feature.

Probably will get more laps and track time.

You can spend less $ less wear and less aggravation if dropped the classes and did 2 heats and a feature.

Track promoters brag about entrys not kart count because the rat race is on.

So ya bud I'll run my one class I won't worry about it , I'll run cobra and learn it and not be afraid to step out of the box and try something. No one was just fast day one maxxis.

I've run pavement with cobra with good success others have too.

Unbelievable how many people are just stuck in their ways doing the same.

26 classes and entries are up. But it's all 4-5 kart fields.

The SE is it's own deal karting there is next level I'll give you that.

From my buddies who own just regular boats, they would laugh at us for complaining. What we spend in tires they no doubt double, triple, or more on props :ROFLMAO:

Your right track time is important! Drop this ridiculous qualifying run a hot lap 2 heats and a feature.

Probably will get more laps and track time.

You can spend less $ less wear and less aggravation if dropped the classes and did 2 heats and a feature.

Track promoters brag about entrys not kart count because the rat race is on.

So ya bud I'll run my one class I won't worry about it , I'll run cobra and learn it and not be afraid to step out of the box and try something. No one was just fast day one maxxis.

I've run pavement with cobra with good success others have too.

Unbelievable how many people are just stuck in their ways doing the same.

26 classes and entries are up. But it's all 4-5 kart fields.

The SE is it's own deal karting there is next level I'll give you that.
The track I race at had 170 entrys average for 2020. We got 3 hot laps, 1 8 lap heat, and a 20 lap feature. I don't complain about track time, my goal is actually to spend as little time on track as I can. Kids are different but remember the purpose here.

Back