** NEW COBRA PRICING **

Will you run cobra at new pricing level

• Yes

• No

• Want to see others experiment more

Results are only viewable after voting.
Tires are an expense in any form of racing so get over it and just race.

Not entirely true.
We've been racing cars instead of karts now for going on 20 years and two cars on the track last couple of seasons.

SUPER LOW BUDGET and never had a new tire nor ever paid for one used. ,,, :)

Not entirely true.
We've been racing cars instead of karts now for going on 20 years and two cars on the track last couple of seasons.

SUPER LOW BUDGET and never had a new tire nor ever paid for one used. ,,, :)
That is the secret to big car racing similar to karting, you can buy a $150 tire for $20-30 that only has a few laps on it. In my limited time around the pits of big car tracks, modifieds and street stocks are the easiest on tires for any class out there. Most street stockers that I know could go half a year or more on a tire. Now on the gumbo tracks down in the southeast, nobody gets good tire wear.

As a dad that the son races, I'll say that we pay the same gate fee and parking fee as everyone, so I think the should have at least 2 classes for each jr class, i know some places will just do light and heavy, but same weights. The kids definitely need seat time and also for a DAD that does the tires on his own with the help of BOBS and asking my prep guy NALL questions, I need my son on track as muchas possible thru out the day/night so i can get better with tires. Just my opinion and we all know how they are!

So I been keeping an eye on cobra since they came out....from a far. One thing I keep hearing is the RS tires are a issue for stagger. They are harder than a maxxis to size. Any comments?

So I been keeping an eye on cobra since they came out....from a far. One thing I keep hearing is the RS tires are a issue for stagger. They are harder than a maxxis to size. Any comments?
What I'm seeing guys say I would say there not harder to size first go, but there easier to grow to much, then there tougher to keep sized.

I have more problems getting the lr smaller than 33". The right sides are usually near 34"

Thanks guys I can make it work with what I hear.
Avrjoe. I’m near Chicago. I put 3 pounds in ls and 10 in RS for my Burris and seems to been helping.

I personally would not run cobras mainly because i am in the burris belt of the country. But i am one of those that buys the sets of 3 because i am not going to spend 400+ for brand new cut and rolled tires with rims. But i can tell you that some weekends my 2012 date code tires are faster than the 2020s... and when resurfacing the tires i use my angle grinder. This is my point if you dont go to have fun whats the point of going. Dont be jealous or hateful because the guy next to you has more of this or that. My son is now the driver/ pit crew of his own kart at 11 years old. I really dont care if he wins as long as he has fun!

If BMS series was open tire OR Keystone, show up with your cobras and out run, Keister, Missy, Seiber, Crenshaw, Reed, Achey, I can go on and on with the list, Ya I can be sure of that, Maxxis was 7th quicker at Trailways and not in the hands of the top tire guy's & gals, In fact I'd bet ya couldn't run top 5 and your pretty good with
If BMS series was open tire OR Keystone, show up with your cobras and out run, Keister, Missy, Seiber, Crenshaw, Reed, Achey, I can go on and on with the list, Ya I can be sure of that, Maxxis was 7th quicker at Trailways and not in the hands of the top tire guy's & gals, In fact I'd bet ya couldn't run top 5 and your pretty good with tireIf BMS series was open tire OR Keystone, show up with your cobras and out run, Keister, Missy, Seiber, Crenshaw, Reed, Achey, I can go on and on with the list, Ya I can be sure of that, Maxxis was 7th quicker at Trailways and not in the hands of the top tire guy's & gals, In fact I'd bet ya couldn't run top 5 and your pretty good with tires.
How far off were Cobras in the predator class where they had the bonus?

How far off were Cobras in the predator class where they had the bonus?
Not 100 % sure myself as I just glanced from a distance, but the pole setter appeared to have on maxxis in qualifying .6 th quicker, 2nd place was .5 th quicker I think it was, I was told later they both were on Maxxis, race was a little closer per lap times but I don't know who raced what, pretty sure the pole setter won the race and again was told he stayed on Maxxis, but I didn't look myself.

Not 100 % sure myself as I just glanced from a distance, but the pole setter appeared to have on maxxis in qualifying .6 th quicker, 2nd place was .5 th quicker I think it was, I was told later they both were on Maxxis, race was a little closer per lap times but I don't know who raced what, pretty sure the pole setter won the race and again was told he stayed on Maxxis, but I didn't look myself.
Gotcha. I know one of our local Carolina Saturday night guys went there and qualified 2nd and finished top 3 on Cobras and was less than .1 off. I believe he said he had never seen the track or a set of cobras before.

Gotcha. I know one of our local Carolina Saturday night guys went there and qualified 2nd and finished top 3 on Cobras and was less than .1 off. I believe he said he had never seen the track or a set of cobras before.

I really believe the ones not performing are prepping and going off old habits and these tires per Chester's dont need or like alot of prep especially inside slows them down.

Back