** NEW COBRA PRICING **

Will you run cobra at new pricing level

• Yes

• No

• Want to see others experiment more

Results are only viewable after voting.
I have had 2 sets mounted and cut sitting in my trailer for a year now and we run a number of tracks with open tire rules. I have yet to bolt them on. Intellectually it seems like a good idea- an inexpensive softer tire, but when it's game time I chicken out and won't use them when I have ran well with the other brands.

I like the idea and concept. But for me tire rules just not my thing. If Kingsport was open tire I would be making the trip multiple times.

Buying tires for one track is not something I will do.

I like the idea and concept. But for me tire rules just not my thing. If Kingsport was open tire I would be making the trip multiple times.

Buying tires for one track is not something I will do.
Agreed! I love open tire rules. I hate having to go buy tires for a special race. Last time i went to Syracuse indoor race we had to run Hoosiers. I already have enough indoor tires to last me the rest of my racing life. Really pained me to have to buy more for this one race.

Ok . Just passing along information on the tire I dig it if you don't then

Everyone wants to pee further then the next guy on here it's old.

Everyone has the option but not the ability to scroll past.

Have some fun on here tired of bickering
Well I ordered 3 sets 3 weeks ago and still haven't seen them, so how good is their shipping..?

wow.. I just read this whole tread trying to learn about cobra tires bc im having trouble finding new maxxis price is not a concern for me nor is anyone else pay scale life opinions etc it’s all about speed period .. IMO... Like that say if u can’t run with the big dogs sit on the porch

wow.. I just read this whole tread trying to learn about cobra tires bc im having trouble finding new maxxis price is not a concern for me nor is anyone else pay scale life opinions etc it’s all about speed period .. IMO... Like that say if u can’t run with the big dogs sit on the

Last edited:
wow.. I just read this whole tread trying to learn about cobra tires bc im having trouble finding new maxxis price is not a concern for me nor is anyone else pay scale life opinions etc it’s all about speed period .. IMO... Like that say if u can’t run with the big dogs sit on the porch
Kinda like your fault when titled new cobra pricing.

Its not titled making cobra fast, if $ isn’t a object then you should be able to find what you want.

go get em BIG DOG ! ✌️

I guess ima fall in the hole too .. lol that I just posted about but o well ..
1. I’m no big dog raced 20 years ago seen that I was spending enough money to build a house opted out .. got my money straight now the son drives .. June 6th was a year for us .. we enter races with the Jamie’s Austin’s Donnie’s and I know I’m missing quite a few .. but it’s it’s actually rewarding to see. your sons name on the same page for one they drive u like u drive them catching them is the hard part but unless something freak happens your equipment comes back in pretty good shape .. it’s a lot better than trying to race mad John that will tear up his and surely yours for 100 dollars I spent that in gas that day ..
2. Take your kart off the stand and place on the grid and roll it 💡

I have been a Cobra dealer for a little under a year and so far my experience on my sons kart (jr.1) and my buddies kart (sr heavy) the results have been good on our local home track which has an open tire rule. My son runs some maxxis only tracks and some open tire tracks and has had success with both tires. From my experience the cobras are as fast early in the life cycle but do not last quite as long as a maxxis but the return is relative to the price. My son has run cobras that have been cut, internally prepped, no prep, and about everywhere in between and so far honestly the best program we have found was to mount them, set the stagger you want, scuff them, and then just use pre race wipe at the track thats all. this method has worked in the jr classes as well as the sr classes with success.

Tire opinions are what they are and what works for some may not work for others. In my case i was looking for a maxxis alternative to experiment with and so far they seem to work where we race. I sell them for about 60% of the cost of a set of maxxis tires and get about 70% of the life of a maxxis and so far i will take that trade off.

They worked for us this weekend I was impressed!! We ran both it was late when we finished up and I didn’t look the times up today but wasn’t much difference especially when we just mounted em Saturday at the track and went at it ..

They worked for us this weekend I was impressed!! We ran both it was late when we finished up and I didn’t look the times up today but wasn’t much difference especially when we just mounted em Saturday at the track and went at it ..
I was gonna reply on performance before but my driver is jr1 so sometimes it’s like, did he have speed so the other guys slow down. Track don’t have a kid kart class, so it’s 5-8 for jr 1.
tire themselves I like how easy you can shrink or stretch a tire at the track. So far been able to grow a tire with a torch then size tire coming off and it stay relatively the same coming off the track . But once again jr 1

Back