New for 2014....Ohio All Stars

So you are just having two 1/4 points races and all the other races don't count towards the 10 bonus points that are given out for the UAS when you run regional races correct?
You might do better if you don't have anything at all to do with the UAS most guys around here are not big on it at all right now. Nick it is a suprise to me that you are messing around with that person at all. I didn't see that coming when you first talked about this class I'm not going to say that it is a mistake but I do think it is not going to help things at least around here. JMO

So you are just having two 1/4 points races and all the other races don't count towards the 10 bonus points that are given out for the UAS when you run regional races correct?
You might do better if you don't have anything at all to do with the UAS most guys around here are not big on it at all right now. Nick it is a suprise to me that you are messing around with that person at all. I didn't see that coming when you first talked about this class I'm not going to say that it is a mistake but I do think it is not going to help things at least around here. JMO
Jerry when someone makes a personal assumption who knows nothing about my background in racing, to say something negative about our series that he cant handle, then that's quite ignorant. Whether people like that reply or not, its the truth. I'd do the same if such ignorance was used against you.

Pretty simple guys. If you dont like the idea dont run it. I asked for no negativity. Then you post it and wonder why kart counts are low. Feel free to make your own series.
I also posted my phone number for any comments or concerns. I'll post it again to minimize your negativity.

513 544 3419

Pretty simple guys. If you dont like the idea dont run it. I asked for no negativity. Then you post it and wonder why kart counts are low. Feel free to make your own series.
I also posted my phone number for any comments or concerns. I'll post it again to minimize your negativity.

513 544 3419

Any and all programs are subject to support and opposition.

Attempting to eliminate, or prohibit opposition or negativity is in itself a negative statement.

Accept the positive, and attempt to address the negative.........in a positive manner.

Jerry when someone makes a personal assumption who knows nothing about my background in racing, to say something negative about our series that he cant handle, then that's quite ignorant. Whether people like that reply or not, its the truth. I'd do the same if such ignorance was used against you.

A reply chock full of negativity.

Any idea what tracks you plan on running at ?

Joe Warning

Joe we are looking at a few, you can bet on cridersville and wheelersburg forsure. I still need to check out Lil eldora, double deuce, MKB, Ohio valley, and maybe cesars creek. a couple others are being thought of as well, feel free to post your opinions on track choices.

dial calipers can be manipulated,why not use a mic ?
no wankels.

Also, Tech protest fee of 40$. The simple use of a dial caliper and cc formula with the removal of the heads will be implied if a protest of engine size is present. if legal, owner of engine opened gets 40$, if illegal, protester gets money back and illegal engine is black flagged.

Good news

This sound great, I am moving to Indiana the first of the year and will put a kart together to run.
JM

Any piece of precision measuring instrumentation can be manipulated if not calibrated and used properly.

I use a 2" dial indicator for the stroke and a "good" set of digital indicators for the bore.

Otherwise you would need to use a set of i.d. mics or snap gages with o.d. mics. If you want to get really down with it, setup a 3 point bore gage calibrated with a master ring (which I also have).

Bottom line is, let's not get too nit picky with the measuring of bores and strokes. Just about any decent set of dial calipers are good for ±.005" or you could even go ±.010". If someone built an engine right up to the max cc limit, they had better build it with the wear factor in mind along with heat dissipation.

Keep it simple!

Brian #89

Why would you want to keep diluting the field of karts to race against ?
I cannot compete against the 450 karts so we will not let them run
Thats how I see it
How about get a faster kart
IT'S OPEN RACING

BINGO! This just dilutes the field--check out the Grand National results.

Ok I have 1 more quick question. Can we get a definition of an mx style engine and who is deciding whether or not any engine is an mx style engine? Thanks

The person should ask ahead of time first off, If it is a grey area the vote will go to the majority at the first races drivers meeting.
What do you have in mind?

Back