New Forum Update

I hate it why do we have to keep changing things that are already working fine? I am getting older and i'm getting sick of change for the sake of change.
Hell, you ain't made a post for a year and a half, and that was to see how you could sign up for another web site. :)

I'm real close to 70, and don't much care for change either. But it kinda hurts to see the site I'd put over 20 years into become less and less relevent.
So I decided to do one more update to try to get another 5 or ten years out of it.
When I did it I knew I was going to get a lot of complaining and hate email, which I've already gotten, but really no different than the 1998 change, or the 2004 change, or how about 2013 when the whole thing crashed and some folks were saying I did it on purpose. :)

If I've upset you, I'm sorry your upset.

Thanks Bob, I think I notice now with a couple of pages of new posts, the darker blue thread title is much easier to look down through.

I still have a problem with not enough replying to my great long winded bs posts on how I think stuff works. Can you fix it for me? ... :)

Thanks Bob, I think I notice now with a couple of pages of new posts, the darker blue thread title is much easier to look down through.

I still have a problem with not enough replying to my great long winded bs posts on how I think stuff works. Can you fix it for me? ... :)
I doubled the number of characters from 10,000 to 20,000.
Let me know if you need more.

So far I must say I like it. It’s a fresh look and picture uploads are a snap. I just can’t seem to get the search function to work for me. I loved the old search layout. No matter what topic you were in you could just search away.

I'm use to it already and don't miss the old style. What did you try searching for? I just tried a couple of searches and it seemed very responsive. It was great I searched on "gear ratio" and clicked the thread title button and low and behold Al's picture popped up right up top in the first thread shown. Can't get more accurate then that! ... :)

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) WHOOOOO HOOOOO looks like the smiley face limit of three has been lifted too. ... butt after this test post i'll keep it down to three as much as possible. ... :)

:love::ROFLMAO::sleep::devilish::mad: oh oh just found a new feature. Think I'm going to stay away from the new features.
3761398891.png

Last edited:
those ten thousand word posts take a day or to fully appreciate.
20K now that may take a bit longer .
No replies means either of two things they agree with you , or don't understand.;)

those ten thousand word posts take a day or to fully appreciate.
20K now that may take a bit longer .
No replies means either of two things they agree with you , or don't understand.;)

You left out four things:

1. wrong
2. full of it
3. total bs
4. and it all started arguing/discussing with my driver about "I ain't got a clue". ... :)

Silverback, The site was running on software that was so old that if there was a problem there could be no fix because that software had no more support. My guess.

(With the color adjustment, I hope a pat on the back for me and a thanks to Bob for trying it. ... :) )

I have gotten use to the new forum very quickly and would not want to go back to the old.

IMO good job Bob

Back