New guy with a question Predator 60363 or 69730

Bow

Hello all,

I am not a cart racer, but I am building a Cycle Kart.

I went to my local Harbor Freight to get a 212cc 60363 HDMI last week, but all they had was the 69730... So I got that one.

Tonight I stopped in there and they had one 60363 in stock, so I had them hold it for me.

My question is: is the Hemi worth exchanging the 69730 for?

As I under stand it from look on the net, the HDMI is the 212cc to get, but is it that better than the 69730 with an RTC-8 head? The most I am looking at doing for mods is probably a Stage 1.

Thanks.

Thanks for the reply. Since I have only taken my 69730 out of the box, not even started it yet, and I have the original packaging, they said I could swap straight across for the Hemi, so I'll probably get it anyway... If it makes no difference, the Hemi head design has a history of being good for power...

The wedge chamber head engines have caught up, if not surpassed the hemi.
Blown fuelers use the hemi head. Pro stocks only MoPar uses them.
There is no advantage whatever in the hemi in our type use.

The wedge chamber head engines have caught up, if not surpassed the hemi.
Blown fuelers use the hemi head. Pro stocks only MoPar uses them.
There is no advantage whatever in the hemi in our type use.
Wow PD , I have to strongly disagree . There is little to no comparison between a V8 and our little 1 lung clone . The Hemi head has many advantages over the standard clone heads like the RCT4 , 6, or 8 in modified engines . In stock form , I agree with flattop1 . Little difference .

Headed out to buy a motor today. The rule is stock except wienie pipe and muffler. No adjustments of any kind. Which one is better?
Compression is the Holy Grail. I would think that, if both engines have the same compression ratio, the hemi head would be better. But that is just a guess.

Thank you all for the information.

The local store was nice and did a straight across swap, so I decided to get the 60363 as it was the original engine I wanted for my build.

Even though I am not building a kart like you all race, I appreciate your knowledge. This forum is incredible for information on these engines (as most real racing forums are) because you guys know how far a particular engine can be taken before it yard sales its parts all over the track.

Thanks again. I will be lurking for engine build information to give it a bit more, but I am planning on running a torque cinvertor , so I will need to be mindful of their limitations.

Back