New Guy with a Tire question.

NewGuy17

Hello everyone, as you can see by the name I’m new to kart racing and have trolled this forum for a while before finally committing and purchasing a new kart to race this season. They are reopening a kart track that I raced on 20 years ago as a kid (Kingsport miniway) and plan to run a predator class there when this pandemic is over with. They have a Burris rule and noticed a lot of ppl saying they run a narrower LR rim often a 6 or 6.5. I noticed when buying a set of Burris tires you are getting a 5in, 6in, and two 8in tires. So My question is do you still run the usual 5in tire on a 6.5 inch rim on the LF and run the 6in tire on a 6in or 6.5in rim on the LR? Hopefully that isn’t the dumbest question you all have seen, and thanks in advance.

Hello everyone, as you can see by the name I’m new to kart racing and have trolled this forum for a while before finally committing and purchasing a new kart to race this season. They are reopening a kart track that I raced on 20 years ago as a kid (Kingsport miniway) and plan to run a predator class there when this pandemic is over with. They have a Burris rule and noticed a lot of ppl saying they run a narrower LR rim often a 6 or 6.5. I noticed when buying a set of Burris tires you are getting a 5in, 6in, and two 8in tires. So My question is do you still run the usual 5in tire on a 6.5 inch rim on the LF and run the 6in tire on a 6in or 6.5in rim on the LR? Hopefully that isn’t the dumbest question you all have seen, and thanks in advance.
I forgot to mention, this is an asphalt track. Thanks.

The 6" LR is for dirt ovals. JP gave you great advice.
You can buy sets of Burris with any size tires - just be sure to specify exactly what you need.
I have a KILLER deal on 4 right side Burris B55As if you are interested. We got them for a customer, but he runs different sizes.
We also offer mounting, sizing, cutting, finishing, prepping, and balancing.
Give us a call if you're interested.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
31 years of service to the karting industry
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com