New honda coils with advancing cdi?

joler1302

Anyone messing around with these? 2-3 karts on the local track runs them, and they have an huge advantage to us others with fixed timing at about 8*. I contacted the official honda dealer from my country about it, but he said there are 2 new versions, one rpm limited to 4000 and one limited to 6000, although i believe there must be another version, or a way to bypass the limiter, because these guys definitely aren't running under 6k rpm..

Anyone messing around with these? 2-3 karts on the local track runs them, and they have an huge advantage to us others with fixed timing at about 8*. I contacted the official honda dealer from my country about it, but he said there are 2 new versions, one rpm limited to 4000 and one limited to 6000, although i believe there must be another version, or a way to bypass the limiter, because these guys definitely aren't running under 6k rpm..

I wanna know too

They are sealed units I do not think there is a way to modify them without evidence of them being opened.. I would carefully check to be certain they are using stock Honda coils, I did not think Honda made one at 6K but it is evident you are off our continent. Honda does not produce a utility engine that they rev up to 6K If you look up the specs for the iGX series which is limited to iGX340 and iGX390 it seems they are still governed to 3600RPM.

coil.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

30500-z5k-003 is governed 30500-z5k-801 is not and are the only 2 coils on the t2 engines and as far as using the old coil you also have to change the flywheel as the new one is keyed different for timing

perhaps NR Racing has it wrong also:
http://www.nrracing.com/product-p/30500-z5k-801.htm

My listings indicate that the 30500-z5k-003 is used on the iGX series and commonly found on generators, and it has integrated electronic speed control.

I was going to let it drop it seems you have different reference material than I do, I don't think it can be any clearer on NR page I have attached a screen capture and I am sure it says built in rev limiter.

coil3.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Where do you access parts built by Honda for these small engines that are just for racing?

So how does this work then?
What is the difference between a UT1 and UT2 flywheel?
Is there a Billet flywheel with the same magnetic and timing location properties as the UT2?

Most important what is the advance profile of the new coil?

Check out your own earlier nr link you posted and as for reference Honda DDIN, and the racing aspect it is not published, we were told that at Honda T3

You are losing me the screen capture is from the link to NR that I posted, what do you see when you follow the link?.

Who or how do you get access to the Honda racing parts for the GX series engines? What other parts did they or are they producing? Are there any parts produced for the GX200 engine?

30500-Z5K-801 That iis the part # for a replacement Honda governed coil. NR racing does list one non governed, but I still stand on the fact that Honda does not produce one governed at 6K. I think you will find they are using an old model coil, on the new flywheel.http://www.nrracing.com/product-p/ut2coil-worev.htm

30500-z5k-003 is governed 30500-z5k-801 is not and are the only 2 coils on the t2 engines and as far as using the old coil you also have to change the flywheel as the new one is keyed different for timing

I think this is where you are confusing me, which coil do you wish to have rev linited?

Ten degrees of automatic advance is a very nice feature.
But if it can only provide this starting form 1400 and ending at 3600 does it still offer any real advantage?

That's probably a stupid question isn't it?

The right question might be once you get above 3600 rpm does it start to retard like the older dumb electronics inductive?

Next right question:
Can it be used with any known billet flywheel?

It's is not limited by the rpm, so it keeps advancing, i'm not sure about the whole billet thing, but you could measure how the keyway is in the new flywheel compared to the old, and then have a new keyway cut in the flywheel?

If I am reading this thing right its been around while.....

In all this time only now we hear about it and no one has actually tested and verified what it can or can not do?

If I am reading this thing right its been around while.....

In all this time only now we hear about it and no one has actually tested and verified what it can or can not do?

I saw my first one several years ago. Have seen many since then. The only "test" Ive ever done was to see how many rpms I could get out of one. Saw 4200 once. Always less. So I have always been real quick to throw them in the trash. Not saying that "nongoverned" ones dont exist, Ive never seen one, ever. The "governed" ones are pure crap for any form of racing.

Back