New honda coils with advancing cdi?

The people from our track, they are definitely not under 6000 rpms, the one from nrracing, nr 801, is no rev limited!

So what kind of RPM are they turning then?
Not under 6000 is a very hard quantity to pin down.

Can this work with billet of the GXV-160 flywheel is the most pressing question for me now.

They don't have advance built in them they have retard built in them.
Junk for racing application.
Throttle response from idle is sluggish.
The flywheels are broached in different locations.
If you put one on a regular flywheel timing will be like 20*atdc.

They don't have advance built in them they have retard built in them.
Junk for racing application.
Throttle response from idle is sluggish.
The flywheels are broached in different locations.
If you put one on a regular flywheel timing will be like 20*atdc.

Thats funny, i was told by local honda dealer, that they advance...

The coils advance from 10 up to 20*

Exactly. Atleast the 801 does. I'm not sure about the 301.

0fHYl13.png

On the image above, you can see how it behaves, on the curve, it actually does also make it a lot easier to start the engines!

In this case Joler this statement is not true.

Hey don't judge me for switching a bit around with my words and technical definitions, english is my second language, and the technical terms are a whole lot different. And i might have wrote something that makes absolutely no sense. I just want the coil, which is not a static timing, but variable CDI timing, that advances/retards(whatever you want) according to RPM, so that we will gain some top end. You say that it advances from 10-20*, so definitely is top end coil. I'm really glad i was able to get it here from NR as takeoff, since the factory stock ones from danish dealers are about 3* as much, and that is including shippings and taxes, to EU..

All this begs a question:

Why hasn't ARC or someone else just made a flywheel that will and inboard CDI system off a bike.
There is plenty of aftermarket support for something like that....

Definitely would think the same thing, but the market apparently isn't too big. But it's a huge improvement on the gx270, i can tell ya..

All this begs a question:

Why hasn't ARC or someone else just made a flywheel that will and inboard CDI system off a bike.
There is plenty of aftermarket support for something like that....

Definitely would think the same thing, but the market apparently isn't too big. But it's a huge improvement on the gx270, i can tell ya..

I've thought about this......
You need a trigger and charge system.

Since clones already have studs to mount a 60 watt charge coil, you just need a trigger and CDI.
Of course no one makes a flywheel....
That's the real hang up isn't it?

I've thought about this......
You need a trigger and charge system.

Since clones already have studs to mount a 60 watt charge coil, you just need a trigger and CDI.
Of course no one makes a flywheel....
That's the real hang up isn't it?

Damen Right it is.. You Can actually buy a throttle body for small engines, try and google small engine electronic fuel

thank you...I know guys that have taken a chrysler ign and made it for a single cylinder.....I am just not smart enough or I would come out with one FOR SURE

The right question might be once you get above 3600 rpm does it start to retard like the older dumb electronics inductive?
We once put timing marks on the KT. On the dyno, we checked the timing advance from 10,000 to 15,000 RPM. There was no change in timing across that range. I can't speak for your ignition but the Yamaha ignition shows no degradation at high RPM.

We once put timing marks on the KT. On the dyno, we checked the timing advance from 10,000 to 15,000 RPM. There was no change in timing across that range. I can't speak for your ignition but the Yamaha ignition shows no degradation at high RPM.

I don't expect to go over 10 000 rpm, not at all. I am after all, running a stock gx270 carb, so theres a limit on performance in high RPM's..

Back