New Kart Dad, PRC MineCon vs Scythe What’s the difference?

I’ve been ISO of a MineCon for my 8 year old. I just seen a Scythe at a good price and local. Can these be used efficiently for a In say Junior I and II?
He’ll be running a Briggs 206.

I’m no expert but I believe a Minecon is small tube and would probably be better for a little guy. I’m sure someone will correct me if I’m wrong.

I’ve been ISO of a MineCon for my 8 year old. I just seen a Scythe at a good price and local. Can these be used efficiently for a In say Junior I and II?
He’ll be running a Briggs 206.
First off where will he be racing the Briggs at? No local dirt track has a Briggs class that i know of.
If youre still racing dirt tracks you have asked about, for Jr1 and Jr2 id do the Minecon. That kart will be way more "friendly" for you.

First off where will he be racing the Briggs at? No local dirt track has a Briggs class that i know of.
If youre still racing dirt tracks you have asked about, for Jr1 and Jr2 id do the Minecon. That kart will be way more "friendly" for you.
I’m from Gastonia, Mountain Creek runs a Flat Karts and Outlaws with 206’s. Milbridge ran flats with 206’s last year, but is now only flat karts with a touring series. Their Mini Outlaw Count is ridiculous, like 20+ in the beginner divisions.
With only one track running the 206, and they’re not even weekly, I’ve decided to got with the Clone.

As for the kart choice, I looked for the MinECon for a bit in the used market and didn’t have much luck, had a few fall through. I picked up a well maintained 2020 PRC Scythe last week from Coley Summers, I’ve heard mixed feelings on the Scythe for Juniors but, we’re going to give the Scythe a shot.

I left this post up in case someone could gain something from you guys feedback.

I was at Warrior creek last night, I was kind of hoping for a little more Kart Count in the Junior Classes, but at the same time I understand why people say just get him racing instead of testing. I guess you can only get in so much trouble with 3-4 karts on the track. I’m sure there are places with higher counts in the Junior classes once he gets some experience.

I’m really looking forward to getting him on track. I need a month or so to collect up some stuff I still need. Leggs Leslie is going to rebuild the clone we have, then I need to buy a clutch, tach, tires. Plus I need to get a change the pedal rods and possibly buy a pedal plate.
Lastly scale it, Coley gave me some lead, and my brother is supposed to bring me up some some from Florida. I’m not sure how much I need.

I’m from Gastonia, Mountain Creek runs a Flat Karts and Outlaws with 206’s. Milbridge ran flats with 206’s last year, but is now only flat karts with a touring series. Their Mini Outlaw Count is ridiculous, like 20+ in the beginner divisions.
With only one track running the 206, and they’re not even weekly, I’ve decided to got with the Clone.

As for the kart choice, I looked for the MinECon for a bit in the used market and didn’t have much luck, had a few fall through. I picked up a well maintained 2020 PRC Scythe last week from Coley Summers, I’ve heard mixed feelings on the Scythe for Juniors but, we’re going to give the Scythe a shot.

I left this post up in case someone could gain something from you guys feedback.

I was at Warrior creek last night, I was kind of hoping for a little more Kart Count in the Junior Classes, but at the same time I understand why people say just get him racing instead of testing. I guess you can only get in so much trouble with 3-4 karts on the track. I’m sure there are places with higher counts in the Junior classes once he gets some experience.

I’m really looking forward to getting him on track. I need a month or so to collect up some stuff I still need. Leggs Leslie is going to rebuild the clone we have, then I need to buy a clutch, tach, tires. Plus I need to get a change the pedal rods and possibly buy a pedal plate.
Lastly scale it, Coley gave me some lead, and my brother is supposed to bring me up some some from Florida. I’m not sure how much I need.
I went to Possum for the Triple Crown race.
The kids classes were kind of broken up this weekend with 3 tracks in the area all running at the same time.

Minecon is a great kart 4 lighter drivers even adults we had great success with ours but we love scythe better and we got 2 of them..

Back