new member needing some advise.

bobdude83

Hey everyone nice to meet yall Im new here and I'm wondering if anyone can help me out with my new toy it is a go kart. I just got it and I took it down to bare frame and repainted it. Also bought a new engine it is a 212cc predator and now that its all back together the trouble I'm having is the engine does not want to stay running what it is doing is I can get it to start with the wheels in the air and they will start spinning and then when I put it down it will stall. I'm thinking it could be a clutch issue because I'm using the old clutch from the engine that came on the go kart when I got it and I think it is worn out because it should not be turning the wheels at idle. Also like I said it only starts if the wheels are in the air otherwise it wont start while on the ground. If anyone can help me get this problem fixed so I can enjoy my go kart it would be greatly appreciated. Well with said hope to get a reply back and hope to be a welcome here for a long time to come.:cool::cool:

yep it's most likely the clutch. you can get pretty cheap yard cart clutches almost anywhere (look at BMI Karting ad on 4Cycle.com page). If you weigh much you might think of looking at a race-type drum clutch, the yard kart ones don't last a long time. Predators are 3/4 inch shaft.

Hey mike thanks for the reply I thought it was the clutch too just wasn't sure but after closer looking at he clutch off the kart it is bad. So I replaced it with a new one from ebay and now just waiting to get new chain and throttle cable from ebay so I can test ride my go kart and have some fun with it.

Back