Mxracer

Hi guys would like to say i have been reading the forum and im catching up, after 30 years of being out of kart racing..still race endoro on my ktm 450..but want to give karting a try also.. i have a new phantom icon and 2 flat-heads, todd miller and a beef form a local builder here in winston..Im planning on running the king of concrete in greensboro on saturady night..watching friday to see whats up lol..i have some local guys who have raced it a few times and they are setting me up.. I have a few ? on what gearing to run..oh im racing in the super heavy flathead class..and i know that burris is on the rights but what are most running on the left for tires..there are aton of ? i have but ill read the thread and search for answers..this site rocks!!

Welcome to Bob's I'm sure you'll find all your answers in a day or two. Oh and with tires you normally stick with the same brand of tire all the way around.

Thanks guys..this is one race on concrete then i switch to dirt for the up coming season here in the Carolina s..so i should run burris on all four!

Thanks for the replys..Ill check with the local shops here also and get there input.there is alot of tire company's from when i ran back in the 80s lol

Thanks for the replys..Ill check with the local shops here also and get there input.there is alot of tire company's from when i ran back in the 80s lol

Thats for sure theres alot of tire companys out there, this area is pretty much on a Burris tire rule . I 'de love to be able to try out some Maxxis or EL's !

A few yrs. back I saw a guy on Burris 22's and 11's sit on pole at Oakland Valley dirt oval, with a quicker time than the 2-stroke Yamaha's

Try to contact some of the local tire gurus in the area that will be at KOC- they should be able to hook you up with tires and prep. It may be more expensive, but shortens the learning curve considerably, and that is a very competitive race.

Back