New Minecon starting #'s

Flyinj54

Hey just got my new Minecon and looking for some good starting numbers on low bite northest/ohio tracks and liberty Kentucky indoor dirt. Weekly track is 1/7 mile flat tight bullring but also getting ready to head to liberty Kentucky indoors which i'm assuming numbers will be close to the same. Clone Medium/Heavy is what i'll be running the kart in. Burris rules standard weekly tires are 33a's. Looking at the numbers on the owners manual the high left is probrably needed to help keep go kart from getting RR tight i'm assuming. Good starting point at 59% or 60% left? Also in the past I've seemed to run better with higher front weight. So what are your thought on that i'm thinking the max 46.5% Front and 59% left and 65% cross. Camber RF -2.25 LF +.75 Caster 10/7 with right front in front position. Sound about right? Most concerned about where to start on left and front. Little concerned about getting RR tight with the tire prep we use nowadays and more flex the 1 1/8 chassis will provide. Excited to give this a try. Also i'm thinking 1 1/2 front stagger and 1 1/2 rear?

I would also like to see some numbers for the indoor events, would the RF spacer be used indoors? I thought it was originally designed to be used on larger tracks only.

I do know the spacer is for larger tracks where you are trying to remove some front end turning ability or grip. Indoors I def would not run the spacer.

liberty indoor racing is done for the year,, we were at 328 lb. and ran really well. 57 left, 47 nose, 61 cross. 1 5/8" stagger in the rear. right front forward. 10 and 12 caster,, +.3 and-2.5 camber.

Interesting...I've seen two reply's where the RF is in the forward position, that's seems strange for a short track. could someone explain?

The mini makes plenty of turning power when you pull the spacer out even in the forward position. No need to run it in the rear unless you can't get enough turning power. Even then something else is likely the cause of the problem and not the L block position.

Alan garner opened liberty indoors back up, next race is Dec 30th and following race is Jan 27th

57.5 58.5 left
45.5 46 nose
62 64 cross
10 13 caster
.5 2.50 camber
Rf toed out 1/16 of a inch
Spacer out the front to back hole on L plate is a minor adjustment and really driver preference iv ran mine in both hardly any difference if any at all kart seems to have better driveablity in back hole seems more stable and consistent

Hey just got my new Minecon and looking for some good starting numbers on low bite northest/ohio tracks and liberty Kentucky indoor dirt. Weekly track is 1/7 mile flat tight bullring but also getting ready to head to liberty Kentucky indoors which i'm assuming numbers will be close to the same. Clone Medium/Heavy is what i'll be running the kart in. Burris rules standard weekly tires are 33a's. Looking at the numbers on the owners manual the high left is probrably needed to help keep go kart from getting RR tight i'm assuming. Good starting point at 59% or 60% left? Also in the past I've seemed to run better with higher front weight. So what are your thought on that i'm thinking the max 46.5% Front and 59% left and 65% cross. Camber RF -2.25 LF +.75 Caster 10/7 with right front in front position. Sound about right? Most concerned about where to start on left and front. Little concerned about getting RR tight with the tire prep we use nowadays and more flex the 1 1/8 chassis will provide. Excited to give this a try. Also i'm thinking 1 1/2 front stagger and 1 1/2 rear?
I know its 4 yrs later, what setup did you find to work on your minecon ?

I've been running an 18 Minecon, using PRC baseline set up, kart always had a tendency to be snappy loose center off, it was suggested to try dropping the left and cross and put as much caster in each side as possible, I'm now at about 58% left, 60% cross and 11 caster LF AND 14 caster RF, last UAS race in KC Mo, kart was about as fast as it's ever been, ran 2nd in the feature with it...😉

I've been running an 18 Minecon, using PRC baseline set up, kart always had a tendency to be snappy loose center off, it was suggested to try dropping the left and cross and put as much caster in each side as possible, I'm now at about 58% left, 60% cross and 11 caster LF AND 14 caster RF, last UAS race in KC Mo, kart was about as fast as it's ever been, ran 2nd in the feature with it...😉
Running UAS w/ a minecon? What motor?

45.5% nose
59.0-59.5% left
2 washers above LF spinde, 2 washers below RF spindle (let cross be whatever it is)

LF: Caster: 8 | Toe: 0 | Camber: +1/2
RF: Caster: 12 | Toe: 1/16" OUT | Camber: -2 1/2

Good luck!

45.5% nose
59.0-59.5% left
2 washers above LF spinde, 2 washers below RF spindle (let cross be whatever it is)

LF: Caster: 8 | Toe: 0 | Camber: +1/2
RF: Caster: 12 | Toe: 1/16" OUT | Camber: -2 1/2

Good luck!
But what's the best setting for the right L block, forward or back? And with or without spacer?

Back