New! Predator 212cc Ghost kart racing engine

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just commented that the chosen flywheel was known to be subject to failure. Maybe my exposure to probably 100 times as many engines in test situations as you, and most anyone else on here, has taught me a few things. It was my job to make it a safer sport and I took it seriously. I am largely responsible for the cast wheels being banned, the billets made legal and the pvl developed for the clones by Dyno so I know a little about this matter. I'm not the only one that has posted negatively on this, even on the videos when they first see the flywheel used they commented negatively so get off me dude.
I really don't care what you're largely responsible for. The FACT of the matter is, you can push all the "tests" you want to the limit in order to make a failure happen but, you know darn well your "test" results ARE NOT being shown on the track in the same fashion, that you created through intentional "testing" failures. Week in and week out cast flywheels are ran all over the country WITHOUT fail. Thousands of people see it. You can make anything fail IF you want to bad enough. Blow your smoke up someone else's rear end that doesn't know the difference.

Last edited:
i DON'T

I really don't care what you're largely responsible for. The FACT of the matter is, you can push all the "tests" you want to the limit in order to make a failure happen but, you know darn well your "test" results ARE NOT being shown on the track in the same fashion, that you created through intentional "testing" failures. Week in and week out cast flywheels are ran all over the country WITHOUT fail. Thousands of people see it. You can make anything fail IF you want to bad enough. Blow your smoke up someone else's rear end that doesn't know the difference.
I didn't try to make things fail, test were done within the range of expected operation and problems were noticed, such as the magnets moving and hitting the coil, and timing slipping from cracks found in keyways,which is believed to be the cause of most failures. These test were done with some of the very first aftermarket springs and the motors wouldn't barely turn 6000 ànyway.Your buddy dynodon even spoke of his failure of an unmolested wheel so go yell at him. And don't tell me what to do, this is an open forum.

Last edited:
It only takes one (1) to come apart and cause a serious injury. I believe I made a post on here how I had one come apart on the Dyno and I did no manipulation to it. It only took one (1) Briggs flywheel to come apart down south many years back and kill a spectator. WKA was sued and even though the track was not sanctioned by WKA it still cost WKA thousands of dollars just to get out of the suit. Many people don’t know that a track may not use the WKA rules without permission from WKA because of that incident. So don’t think crap can’t happen when you least expect it.
Well said
When the clone first came out the magnet in the flywheel was held on by glue and one screw. In the beginning it was pretty solid but as time went on when they balanced the fly wheel the screw head got machined off. When the screw head got machined off it lessened the ability of that glue to hang on and keep the magnet in place. I had one disintegrate on my Dyno and put one heck of a hole in the ceiling of the garage. At that point I contacted AKRA and told them about the problem even though they were aware of it they needed some documentation. Will one come apart at 3600 RPM? There is a remote possibility that if shotty workmanship at China on the fly wheel has taken place it could very well come apart at low rpm. Mine came apart while the engine was climbing.
I guess this is all a lie too then

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back