New! Predator 212cc Ghost kart racing engine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty sure the sanctioning bodies don't allow the use of the cast clone flywheel. You don't know as much as you need to. I have made many videos of them failing during r&d when the clones first came to karting, enough that it was banned and the aftermarket choices made legal. The pvl was what we went with, why do you think the Dyno 212 ducar comes standard with it. There are real liability issues involved here
Cuz, I've been in and around kart for 39 years now. I know plenty. Ok, you have video of them failing during r&d. Post those. Then post the ones you have of them failing on the track.

Are you under the assumption that every track is an actual member of a AKRA, NKA, WKA, IKF or BNSS? How many track you know that run a box stock class under any of the rules organizations, test are actual members of said rule organization? AKRA is the only one to even have something close to rule set for box stock or hobby stock, and its broad and full of track options. Fact of the matter is, predator engines are ran based on track and maybe regional rule sets. Bo sanctioning body does anything with them specifically. But hey what do I know, right!!

Last edited:
Cuz, I've been in and around kart for 39 years now. I know plenty. Ok, you have video of them failing during r&d. Post those. Then post the ones you have of them failing on the track.

Are you under the assumption that every track is an actual member of a AKRA, NKA, WKA, IKF or BNSS? How many track you know that run a box stock class under any of the rules organizations, test are actual members of said rule organization? AKRA is the only one to even have something close to rule set for box stock or hobby stock, and its broad and full of track options. Fact of the matter is, predator engines are ran based on track and maybe regional rule sets. Bo sanctioning body does anything with them specifically. But hey what do I know, right!!

Dude my lawyer has my evidence from those times, hopefully they never need to be seen. My research on the flywheels proved they were a liability when used without a governor and we worked with AKRA to get them banned. Some of the first batch of billets had loose magnets and failed on the dyno and they were scraped. That's why the pvl came about.

It only takes one (1) to come apart and cause a serious injury. I believe I made a post on here how I had one come apart on the Dyno and I did no manipulation to it. It only took one (1) Briggs flywheel to come apart down south many years back and kill a spectator. WKA was sued and even though the track was not sanctioned by WKA it still cost WKA thousands of dollars just to get out of the suit. Many people don’t know that a track may not use the WKA rules without permission from WKA because of that incident. So don’t think crap can’t happen when you least expect it.

Dude my lawyer has my evidence from those times, hopefully they never need to be seen. My research on the flywheels proved they were a liability when used without a governor and we worked with AKRA to get them banned. Some of the first batch of billets had loose magnets and failed on the dyno and they were scraped. That's why the pvl came about.
So post your videos from way back when.

I can't wait till this class gets kicked off. I've already had enough people to make a class ask me about it at the track today.

Maybe The rules organizations should start a bubble wrap class for people who are afraid of everything. Anybody know how many documented shark attacks there have been over the last ten years? I bet there's more of those than there have been flywheels coming apart. Maybe those people should sue the beaches for not making them stay out of the water.

Since their advertising compares it to an animal, certainly it must come with a heavy duty blower cover for safety. BTW I noticed they changed the status of the accessory kit from "currently unavailable" to "in stock soon".

Since their advertising compares it to an animal, certainly it must come with a heavy duty blower cover for safety. BTW I noticed they changed the status of the accessory kit from "currently unavailable" to "in stock soon".
Doesn't matter, even an animal blower housing, as thick as they are, a destructing flywheel will rip it off the block and take the coil with it. Been there done that too.

The whole ghost engine thing, to me, looks like a project to help get rid of a lot of various leftover clone parts from discontinued models from various manufacturers. I don't think it'll be available long

I think you may be simply uninformed on the matter. You should think of the implications of giving someone advice on using a very guestionable, potentially dangerous, not very well though out product and something happening.
Yeah, I don't know anything about any of it. You guys are the experts. I'm just some old "stupid" fella who's been hanging around for 39 years. I couldn't tell you anything about any of it. I've never been on the track. I've never been in a shop. I've never put an engine together. I've never tore any of them apart to see what they have on or in them. I've never saw what the tach said the kart was turning. Shoot, I just heard about go kart racing the last week or so. 🤷🤦

Yeah, I don't know anything about any of it. You guys are the experts. I'm just some old "stupid" fella who's been hanging around for 39 years. I couldn't tell you anything about any of it. I've never been on the track. I've never been in a shop. I've never put an engine together. I've never tore any of them apart to see what they have on or in them. I've never saw what the tach said the kart was turning. Shoot, I just heard about go kart racing the last week or so.
I appreciate your time and experience in this sport, I have been in it since 1984 myself. No one says you don't deserve respect for it. You are just being a little hard headed about this flywheel thing. How many post on this thread alone have expressed concerns?

I appreciate your time and experience in this sport, I have been in it since 1984 myself. No one says you don't deserve respect for it. You are just being a little hard headed about this flywheel thing. How many post on this thread alone have expressed concerns?
I'm not in need of any appreciation. I'm simply pointing out the reality. Is there a possibility of failure? Sure. But tell us, how many flywheels have you seen come apart on the track? Be honest. Considering the amount of tracks there are all across the country and how many kart racers make countess laps around them week in and week out, with as many cameras as there at the race track taking video, where are ALL the videos of exploding flywheels. Fact.....the likelihood of it happening is slim. I don't care how many flywheel you all have blown apart on the dyno. As far as hard headed, I didn't make the Ghost engine. I can tell you I wouldn't be afraid to run just as it is. Have you reached out to express your concerns to the guys over the r&d depart for the engine? I'm guessing you haven't considering what your thoughts are on the whole reasoning behind the Ghost project and how long you "think" it won't be around. Do you know how long of a load test the Ghost was ran before it reached a failing point? DO you know what the fail was? I can tell you it wasn't the flywheel? But hey, again what do I know. 🤷🤷

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back