New section on the forums

rlslmshdy

Ive been looking for a new kart body for a while now. I think ive found the one that I like but I think it was much harder than it should have been. I think it would be great to have a section on here for kart bodies. A place for all the people that produce kart bodies to put them on display with info to help potiential customers like to find their product. For instance there was a thread in this section that showed a picture of a particular body. Well I think last I checked it went for 3 pages before someone finally found out who actually produced the darn thing. It would be nice to shop for a kart body like any other product you purchase online. If we had them all in one place to look and compare it would such an easy process.

I didn't want a used body so the classifieds were out. If I wasn't sure what body I wanted and don't know the names of the bodies then how am I supposed to use the search function. Id like to have a place to look at all the bodies and compare. Not try to search the web only to find out a lot of places don't have updated if any photos of their bodies online.

rlslmshdy, the problem with that is, then other mfgs or other items would want their own separate section for their product to be featured, and this site is maintained by Bob, free for us karters. This would require extra time and energy from Bob. Is it a pain to find things sometimes...yes, however the for sale portion that is set aside for paying commercial business is available and really the problem you had is their (the businesses) fault for not to updating or advertising their wares. Everyone knows that karts racers bust bodies (worked on mine yesterday to try and get some more races out of it before i replace), so bodies should be a item that the dealers and mfgs would want to keep in the karter's mind , fresh and new. Tracking down a specific body style is a pain for sure as some are out of production ie. Areotec,Trick's "high side -swoop body i think they called killer body, ect. A separate section would soon become the same as the regular business section , no updates, So instead of asking for a separate section lets make some noise to ask body mfgs to re-list their wares with up-dated pics or links for the up-coming season.

rlslmshdy, the problem with that is, then other mfgs or other items would want their own separate section for their product to be featured, and this site is maintained by Bob, free for us karters. This would require extra time and energy from Bob. Is it a pain to find things sometimes...yes, however the for sale portion that is set aside for paying commercial business is available and really the problem you had is their (the businesses) fault for not to updating or advertising their wares. Everyone knows that karts racers bust bodies (worked on mine yesterday to try and get some more races out of it before i replace), so bodies should be a item that the dealers and mfgs would want to keep in the karter's mind , fresh and new. Tracking down a specific body style is a pain for sure as some are out of production ie. Areotec,Trick's "high side -swoop body i think they called killer body, ect. A separate section would soon become the same as the regular business section , no updates, So instead of asking for a separate section lets make some noise to ask body mfgs to re-list their wares with up-dated pics or links for the up-coming season.
Frustrating to say the least. I mean the thread on here showed a photo of the body I wanted but couldn't find out who made it. On top of that getting about 10 different answers as to who made the darn thing. But yeah I see what your saying.

Frustrating to say the least. I mean the thread on here showed a photo of the body I wanted but couldn't find out who made it. On top of that getting about 10 different answers as to who made the darn thing. But yeah I see what your saying.

Part of the problem is that bodies are being copied. The Chavous SSX body has been copied and is now made by at least 5 people that I know of. The Seraph body has been copied by even more people. You're best bet is to go to manufacturer's website or page to actually view bodies.

The body manufacturer has a open opportunity to attach pictures to their ads..
If they don't then no one is to force them too..
JD

Back