New style bearing hangers on new (er) karts?

Funny, I still remember what people was saying when Mike Ward invented the clamshell, then everyone copied him....go figure.
Infiniti chassis is still the only chassis to have a true clamshell cassette

Mongoose had a true clamshell cassette in 2007

White Bearings was importing clamshell cassettes from Europe in 1985....when me and Mike Ward were Sophomores in High School ;)

I spent way to much money buying them for my Expert 3 ……….didn't go any faster, but made removing axle for cleaning way easier.

White Bearings was importing clamshell cassettes from Europe in 1985....when me and Mike Ward were Sophomores in High School ;)

I spent way to much money buying them for my Expert 3 ……….didn't go any faster, but made removing axle for cleaning way easier.

Yep - they were std issue on Swiss Hutless karts back in the day. I miss those days...

What kind of kart is that?
Anyone else see the possible flawed design in this? I see room for tons of deflection and possible bending on very high grip tracks, especially with high HP karts... I personally prefer the old style bearing hangers with much more support of the bearing/clamshell and the 3 - 5/16" or 3/8" bolts holding it. This setup just looks a bit "cheap" to me. I also don't see the need for these elaborate rear bumper supports and adjustability? Is there actually something to this or is it just hype to help sell a new $2500 chassis?

View attachment 6801

Both were 2 piece, not a true clamshell like Wards make

Back