New Tire Duro

Pops90

I have some Hoosier FKSE's that I am working on right now. I scuffed them the other day in a paved parking lot. When I checked the duro a day later, they were punching 73. (Should be 63 according to the Hoosier website)

Will the duro drop after I put a few laps on the tires? (Racing on dirt) I started prepping yesterday using Track Tac GK1 and the hardness has come down to 65. Thanks.

Also a somewhat related question, how does the sidewall stiffness of the FKSE tires compare to Maxxis Pinks?

They are pretty much the same as Pinks. Slightly different shoulder to them.
You will need to internal prep them to get them down much more.
GK1 is not real aggressive, you might want to try something a bit stronger (our Monster Bite will drop the duro 2-3 points per wipe - that would be my suggestion, along with Pink Panther internal 2 oz. in the RS, 1 oz. in the LS.)
If you're going to stay with TT's line, their BTGP red will help get them down.

You need to sand the tires to get them opened up before applying any prep. The heat cycle from parking lot running likely sealed them over after they cooled down.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
30 years of service to the karting industry
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

They are pretty much the same as Pinks. Slightly different shoulder to them.
You will need to internal prep them to get them down much more.
GK1 is not real aggressive, you might want to try something a bit stronger (our Monster Bite will drop the duro 2-3 points per wipe - that would be my suggestion, along with Pink Panther internal 2 oz. in the RS, 1 oz. in the LS.)
If you're going to stay with TT's line, their BTGP red will help get them down.

You need to sand the tires to get them opened up before applying any prep. The heat cycle from parking lot running likely sealed them over after they cooled down.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
30 years of service to the karting industry
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com
I'm prepping for an indoor track that I expect will be dry, which is why I didn't start with SAA Grape or BTGP, since both of those seem to be for tracks with quite a bit of moisture. I also don't have a tire roller, so I've just been trying to manage the best I can. I am on a bit of a tight budget. I appreciate the help

Those will be harder than hoosier says simply because they're 2 plus years old by now, and the sidewall to me is as stiff as anything, even more so than a maxxis pink so harder prepping would be needed especially for indoor dirt use.

Those will be harder than hoosier says simply because they're 2 plus years old by now, and the sidewall to me is as stiff as anything, even more so than a maxxis pink so harder prepping would be needed especially for indoor dirt use.
OK that makes sense then. I wasn't able to drop them much more so I will add bite and see how it goes. Thanks for the info

Back