New Tire Prepping

Flanson

Looking for some insight on prepping some new Vega MCS dirt tires. What sort of compound/fluid do I need to apply to the inside of the tire to be rolled in. This is my firsts time doing this, and looking for any general insight available. To be a little clearer, I'm looking to soften the tire.

Last edited by a moderator:
What track or track make up? Soft clay ? Hard craw dad dirt? Do you want to use a home brew or are you buying off a company you have picked out?

What track or track make up? Soft clay ? Hard craw dad dirt? Do you want to use a home brew or are you buying off a company you have picked out?

I’d have to say the one track is hard packed clay and we race in the daytime in beating down sun so it gets hard but dusty. The other track is more of a softer clay better groomed. Racing starts off in the sun but ends in the evening under the lights. The moisture comes up and the track temp drops.

As for sauce I haven’t picked any brand. We have only been racing 1 1/2 to 2 years and have run old used tires. We tried some Vega tires that my dad bought last year and never prepped them other then scuffing and some WD40 here and there on them. They work great at the first mentioned track in the hot sun. They work good early on at the other track but they fade in the evening when the temps drop hence my need for a softer compound. We have two sets coming. I planned to keep one set stock if you want to call it but wanted to soften the other set so when the temps drop into the mid 60 low 70s and the moisture comes up we have a solid tire in the feature

Where are you located and what tracks? Thats just out of curiousity purposes is all.
Any good top brand prep can help you with what you are looking for. Some have better customer service than others but all can help.
If youre needing some help along the way with what and when to prep with, then id be more than happy to help with what i use and manufacture, just give me a shout.

Looking for some insight on prepping some new Vega MCS dirt tires. What sort of compound/fluid do I need to apply to the inside of the tire to be rolled in. This is my firsts time doing this, and looking for any general insight available. To be a little clearer, I'm looking to soften the tire.

We've got a very strong Vega tire program.

Our go-to for softening would be to start with 2 ounces of our Pink Panther in the right sides, and 1 ounce in the lefts.
Then take the tire down to where you want it in duro the rest of the way with our Monster Bite externally.
Generally Vegas are best on low/no bite tracks that don't build any heat in the tires.

Give us a call if we can be of any help with our tire and prep program.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
31 years of service to the karting industry
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

Another thing . If you been running experienced tires , new may surprise you . Don't get too far out of hand with prep right off the bat .

i just won yesterday on my set of Vegas on heat and feature. I haven't ever prepped inside of these I used palmetto high bite and mixed lil bit of black sand with dry dusty conditions. daytime race ran clone 375 class in sprint kart unless you are running a track at night I wouldn't prep the inside because vegas to me are already soft exspecially the yellow and that's what I was on. took me 5 years to win a race but figure I let you know what I done hope some of my info helps and goodluck

i just won yesterday on my set of Vegas on heat and feature. I haven't ever prepped inside of these I used palmetto high bite and mixed lil bit of black sand with dry dusty conditions. daytime race ran clone 375 class in sprint kart unless you are running a track at night I wouldn't prep the inside because vegas to me are already soft exspecially the yellow and that's what I was on. took me 5 years to win a race but figure I let you know what I done hope some of my info helps and goodluck
Congrats !!

Congrats on your win.
While Vegas are soft, internal can always be used to help with a few things throughout the race, its just knowing the correct amount to use.
We use internal for asphalt, concrete & dirt.

Back