New tire tire game ..need crash course or some basic starting help !!!

Looking to learn more about tires to get a decent start on this tire game...like what good start out sets to have or when to use what I got .high duro vs low duro...or thin vs thicker rubber .. etc...any and all help be great and thank you all for helping so much

IMO- best thing to do is to get together with someone who runs the same class as you and see if they'll share info on what theyre doing with their tires and such, at least that way, you wont spend a whole lot of money needlessly trying to figure it out on your own, at least to get started. Key thing is you've got to be willing to go talk and ask people, theyre not very likely just to come up to you and tell you what to do, ive found most karters are more than willing to help out those getting started.....

How I find that ?
Soon as you enter into forums first one hit general discussion, 1st thread up top posted as a sticky thread, when you posted this you scrolled way down and entered under Burris Tires Thread which was good I'm just pointing out where to find the other thread.

Looking to learn more about tires to get a decent start on this tire game...like what good start out sets to have or when to use what I got .high duro vs low duro...or thin vs thicker rubber .. etc...any and all help be great and thank you all for helping so much
Get in touch with Alex Cuningham @ Hammer Karts. He's a dealer for Burris tires and very helpful. He can guide ya in the right direction.

Hard track = hard rubber.
Soft track = soft rubber.
Higher bite = thin/flat cut.
Lower bite - thick/round cut.
Then you get into preps: internal, external, amount of wipes, etc.

These are a lot of "generalizations," of course and not all may apply to your individual situation.

This page from our website may be helpful to you -- it is a bit dated, but again, some general guidelines that will help you understand the basics.
http://www.carlsonmotorsports.com/CRETechDec.html
We've got a very successful Burris tire program and complete prep line available.
If you have specific questions about our products, please feel free to contact us at the shop number listed below.

-----
?Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
30 years of service to the karting industry
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

Back