New tire vs cured tire

S.Nielsen

Tracks: TTT St. Paul’s NC, Southern Kartway Loris SC

class: Superheavy

Tires: Maxxis pinks / Blues
I am recently getting back in after a 6 year break and needing some info on tires I will be riding a Faktor chassis. Also looking a reputable tire program.

Triple T bites up very well, you pretty much know you wont be on a fresh tire before even going, so to have a month old and 2 month old set is a good start. Carrying a 3 month old wouldnt hurt either. Ive also known at times even older tires were needed.
Southern id bring a fresh set with me, along with older sets.
I wouldnt worry about duro as much as amount of internal and age of tire. You can have a fresh set with a duro of 50, and a 2 month old set with a duro of 50, but they are much completely different tires on track.
Amount of internal will depend on what classes and whos prep you decide to use.

Just to be honest I havent seen where you need much over a month old. Typically 2-3 week tires have been good everywhere. We are getting to re roll season so I would make sure you have some of those as well. Depending on the internal treatment would depend on how old the tire needs to be before its re rolled and how much to put back in them.

How long are new this year Maxxis tires good for if they haven`t been worked or ran .I have 3 new sets that hasn`t been mounted and probably will not be ran this year .Will they be as good next year ?

^ Also depends on what the 2021 tires come in like.
Holding onto older date code tires is somewhat a gamble. You probably won't need them in the spring when fresher tires go better, but by the time tracks get hard and fast, they might work better than what's available new at that time.
You could come out looking great for keeping ahold of them, or the newer tires might be an advantage. One thing for sure, you'll find out when the time comes.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
31 years of service to the karting industry
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

How long are new this year Maxxis tires good for if they haven`t been worked or ran .I have 3 new sets that hasn`t been mounted and probably will not be ran this year .Will they be as good next year ?
I know this year the 2019 tires seem to be too hard. I think you will be ok to save them for the spring but I wouldnt wait any longer.

Back