New to enduro karts

racer223

Hey guys. I'm getting into enduro karts. I run UAS karts on the dirt. And I have run shifter karts on sprint tracks. Never run enduros before. I'm looking at a 2003ish Margay drop mount. I hear it's good at Daytona, but I live on the west coast, and the likeliness of me driving to Dayton just to drive this kart is slim. Will it be good at some of the tracks on the west coast? I.E. Wild Horse Pass, Inde Motorsports Park, etc. Looking for input. Thank you.

Welcome to enduro karts. Daytona is the premier event for WKA. Road racing, sprint racing and dirt racing all at the same time. Always held between Christmas and New Year Day. Plenty of opportunities on the west coast too. I'm sure others will chime in.

You'll love it. Out of the three types of racing, my son and I enjoy road racing the most. It's a very laid back atmosphere, people are always willing to help and you'll get plenty of track time.

Being on the West Coast, touch base with Chris Hegar at Hegar 4. He may have the latest info on tracks in your area. Thunderhill, Willowspring, Portland are a few that come to mind out there. As C-K said, Daytona is the premier laydown event and worth the trip.

As for the chassis, it should be fine. You'll probably have work with the set-up to get the right feel. Spend the money and get a good clutch if you don't have one - or have the clutch rebuilt. Nothing more frustrating than dealing with clutch issues when you're first starting out in laydowns.

Make sure laydown enduro karts are popular where you intend to race. There are still quite a few here East of the Mississippi in WKA land. But the CIK chassis'd shifters (Stock Honda), Tag's and LO206 karts are becoming more popular each season.
Just check with your intended track and/or club before you buy. You want to get the right stuff the first time.
Welcome...you will have a hoot! It's a totally different world.
Clark Gaynor Sr.
WKA NRRC Member.
WKC Board Member.

Back