New to kart racing Box stock predator

Hoonikart

Building my first kart, last year I weighed 415lbs and I went on a mission to lose weight and do more stuff with my kid. I’m now 245 and still losing and wanted to try driving a kart. Well our local track runs a box stock predator 400 lb class. We’re allowed to remove the governor. Is there any real perks to removing it or should I let it? Advise please. Ps it’s a 1/10th mile track

Building my first kart, last year I weighed 415lbs and I went on a mission to lose weight and do more stuff with my kid. I’m now 245 and still losing and wanted to try driving a kart. Well our local track runs a box stock predator 400 lb class. We’re allowed to remove the governor. Is there any real perks to removing it or should I let it? Advise please. Ps it’s a 1/10th mile track
You will be able to turn more RPMs than with it in. Remove it and letter rip! At 6'3" 240 I am top 2 or 3 every race. You'll be in good shape!

turning over 4600 is a waste of time with these motors. getting it to rev to 5500 does nothing. cant comment on what removing the govoner will do but the power band is dictated by cam profile not the rpm it will reach. many dyno pulls with predators PK hp is around 3700-4000 not 5000

Last edited:
Box stock no governor , the Barn Door is open .
Imo you better get a copy of the rules and take advantage of all of them .
Why there isnt a box stock and a more liberal class .
Even call it modified stock . Those classes just never take off .
Side covers off in goes a cl1-4 , springs and blueprinted carb .

Last edited:
Back