New to Karting and Bob's Looking for input.

bddgsxr

Very early stages of setting my 4 year old up for a future in racing. He has shown TONS of interest and has grown out of all of the electric toys we have supplied. It is finally time to get him into something he can keep for a while.

We live in New England and I do as many autocrosses and open track days as the wife will allow and in the winter spend as much time at F1 Boston indoor track as I can. The Junior leagues there require children be at least 5 but my kid is ready. He can mow the grass with the riding mower (I know the wife hates it too). His Ferrari Enzo can make non stop laps around the neighborhood between cones and around whatever track we design, (we live at the end of a cul de sac) until the battery dies.

He understands track in, apex and track out but always does the "seat hump" trying to go faster (all of you know what I'm talking about you've done it too).

I am looking for something he can grow into that doesn't cost a fortune. If he sticks with it I will be that guy who drives all over the planet trying to help him with anything he wants.

If anyone has any input on a Road Rat Racer xk please chime in. Or if anyone knows of a few options I would really appreciate it.

Find a used Kid Kart in the classifieds. Also, going to a local track and seeing what's available would be a good first step too.

I've checked them out in Florida at their shop. their karts are a little heavy and will not pass tech where I race in new York. one thing that I remember is the rear axles are solid steel and have no clips on the end of the axles and a guy at the track I race at could not run his kart due to that.

I've checked them out in Florida at their shop. their karts are a little heavy and will not pass tech where I race in new York. one thing that I remember is the rear axles are solid steel and have no clips on the end of the axles and a guy at the track I race at could not run his kart due to that.
Your looking at the wrong kid karts
This is the kid karts to look into.
http://www.cometkartsales.com/store/chassis/babykart.htm
You can find these used, also vist your local tracks and see what engine package they run on them, also your local kart track will be a place to look for a used kid kart as well

If ur going oval dirt raceing forget all about kid karts and get a good used kart order a x small youth seat cut the steering post and bye pedal blocks and ur good to go and he can grow into it.. u see so many people stsrt w the kid kart and sell them just as fast unless ur raceing road course asphalt ur wasteing ur money.. never ceen what surface ur raceing on..

If ur going oval dirt raceing forget all about kid karts and get a good used kart order a x small youth seat cut the steering post and bye pedal blocks and ur good to go and he can grow into it.. u see so many people stsrt w the kid kart and sell them just as fast unless ur raceing road course asphalt ur wasteing ur money.. never ceen what surface ur raceing on..
Second paragraph
He does autocross and F1 indoors, he's a sprint racer

Back