new to karting

damonator73

I'm getting out of full size racing and wanting to get into karting. I'm on the bigger side, 5'7 #270. I'm afraid the issue I'm going to run into is finding a seat that will fit my "fluffiness", lol. any suggestions on who makes a BIIIIIG seat?

You'll be ok I know guy's bigger than you racing, there's no one company specializing in just Big seats, ask around different shops I know
J.C Specialty would have something 570 837 0042

Many have taken a seat, split it down the middle and add a section from another identical seat to accommodate a larger sized driver....I'm 6'0 and 240 and use a 2XL PRC Nexgen seat...

Last edited:
I’m 6’, 230 lbs and fit fine in a Chavis XL, and can squeeze into a large. You’d probably be fine in a 2xl. If you happen to be near Conway, SC, go to Palmetto Speed Shop and sit in one. I’m sure other kart shops do the same f it’s a brick and mortar store.

Many have taken a seat, split it down the middle and add a section from another identical seat to accommodate a larger sized driver....I'm 6'0 and 240 and use a 2XL PRC Nexgen seat...
That’s what I was thinking I may have to do. I’m used to working with fiberglass from my big car. Thanks!

I’ll look into those. Thanks
I don't think there is any standard on kart seat sizing, if you have people you know with karts with big seats in them, see if you can sit in them and see how they fit/feel until you find one that feels good to you....everyone has their opinions, but personally, I like mine to feel snug, but not overly tight...knocking on wood here, but if you do start racing and get into any kind of bad wreck, best if you go one way and the kart another, if the seat is too tight, and you don't get separated from the kart in a bad wreck, it makes the whole situation much worse in most instances, so don't settle for a seat that is too tight....jmo 😉

We've got plenty of "big guy" seats in stock....but if you are able to shop locally for a seat - definitely do that.
We invite our local customers to sit in seats anytime they are looking for a new one. Even seats of the same size will feel differently.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
33 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

Back